Short 500 AAPL at $75

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trend Fader, Dec 13, 2005.

1. quite a thread...which is exactly why i don't trade large stocks on a strong trend like this (short term). Everyone is going every which way with their picks and reasonings that it just muddles the entire picture. Just because its "the hottest" stock doesn't mean I can't make similar or better profits day trading other stocks that have "no media noise".

T.F. nice work on the trade. However, imo i don't believe a strategy such as this is worthwhile. I know you said the edge of buying/shorting a trending position is quite small. But i beleive the drawdown for such a strategy to be too high.

RT

#71     Dec 23, 2005
  2. man

man

hmm. i do not know the man. have not read the book. there is really "stock" market wizwards? ah, just googled. there is.
    you might be right. so there are pros who make a living shorting highs? it is not just a onceinawhilehappenedgoodtotell thing?
    remember google? many many topshorters with hurting fingertips ...

#72     Dec 27, 2005
  3. Actually, there are hedge funds specialized in short-only trading, with Manuel Asensio being one of the best known:
    http://www.asensio.com/Index.aspx

#73     Dec 27, 2005
  4. Read the details of the offer. If you put $25,000 into an account at their abysmal sub 3.00% yields.

#74     Dec 27, 2005
  5. Covering my calls at the open..

#75     Dec 30, 2005
  6. AAPL looks like it's going to challenge the highs of 75+ in the next day or so. It's cutting through this high level base.

#76     Jan 3, 2006