Short 500 AAPL at $75

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trend Fader, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Thousand

Thousand

Good play Trend Fader!

How did you know it was going to pull back?

#41     Dec 14, 2005
  2. Locked in some at $71.

#42     Dec 14, 2005
  3. What made you short AAPL at this particular time? Reading your post you were short AAPL overnight. I realize that traders fade into strength intraday but my experience it is a costly move often enough. I am not talking about backtested example but commutative results from all great traders will tell you so.
    The question is if you were just lucky this time or you knew some insider scoop not privy to the masses.

#43     Dec 14, 2005

4. Just experience and gut.. and some good luck.

#44     Dec 14, 2005
  5. vguy

vguy

I shorted at $72.52. Though, I dint get maximum profits, I think its a wise decision I made..

#45     Dec 14, 2005
  6. TrendFader,

Just as I suspected, only amateurs with lots to learn make 4 points over a 2 day time frame...:)

Good trade and make sure to rub it in to our resident "pro" uninvited_guest.

Mike

#46     Dec 14, 2005
  7. Truth is.. it was luck that this stock tanked so hard today... but the call was from combination of fundemental analysis and some technicals...

I still hold the premise that there is little edge in going with the trend in stocks... i backtested strategies that went long in downtrend or long in uptrend.. the edge was miniscule. The trend following is my testing is more prevelant in currencies not stocks.

#47     Dec 14, 2005
  8. I second that, I am more of a futures trader than stock trader....

#48     Dec 14, 2005
  9. Choad

Choad

Luck or not, still a dam good trade. There is luck involved in all aspects of life.

Now if you can do the same kind of thing over and over with a decent positive expectation...you got a good system! :cool:

Good luck to all.

C

#49     Dec 14, 2005
  10. good timing Trend Fader -- Bravo!

also really good for my long January puts! :D

Ice
    :cool:

#50     Dec 14, 2005