Short 500 AAPL at $75

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Trend Fader, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Great example look at CMTL.. the trend is your friend... yea right...

I am not saying that fading a strong trend is always the right thing to do... but as long as you have an exit to take the loss.. not much of a difference than going with the trend.. in my book. To me it all comes down to fundementals and some help with technicals for timing.. I think aapl will break the tight uptrendline it started from oct.

#11     Dec 13, 2005
  2. Trend Farter....Your stop will be hit. Why short AAPL at this time?

#12     Dec 13, 2005
  3. Well, when you look at the Nasdaq100 its one of the ONLY trending stocks, so I wouldnt play "let me be right or let me be wrong" with it.

#13     Dec 13, 2005
  4. good luck shorting a stock making new high every day.

#14     Dec 13, 2005
  5. ideally you want to short a stock that is in a downtrend and moved up.
    you might try to fade strength intraday but even that is very dangerous.

#15     Dec 13, 2005
  6. 82? That seems like a lot of leeway. Your risk/reward is 7 to 10. Are you hedged with options?

#16     Dec 13, 2005
  7. lol. problem with that idea is that once u identified the trend it is probably at the pivotal moment.

#17     Dec 13, 2005
  8. Thousand

Thousand

Apple have been shooting up eversince May. It is natural to have a pull back. The question is when, which it could be costly to find out.

Trying to pick tops of a strong stock in an uptrending market is very risky..as in your win-to-lose ratio drastically lowered.

Why not wait til you see a downtrend formation?

#18     Dec 13, 2005
  9. A gap up a day keeps the shorts away.

#19     Dec 13, 2005

10. Let me see if I've got this straight. You're 46 years old and you go around calling people "farter" and yet somehow, I'm the one who needs to "get a life"? What kind of drug induced logic is that?

Denial is a great thing but it won't help you make money in the markets.

#20     Dec 13, 2005