Shopping Online for the lowest Price

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DallasCowboysFan, May 25, 2019.

1. I need to get a new cordless toothbrush.
    The last one died just prior to Christmas.

I was looking at an Oral B 5000, it's a middle of the road toothbrush and it seems to be highly recommended, at least on Amazon.

It's $89 on Amazon, $89 at Target and $89 at WalMart, but it comes with a $20 rebate.

Is there a website that allows us to input an item we are searching and give us the lowest price available across numerous sites?

It would save a lot of time searching online.

2. CET

CET

Also check Ebay, as there are a lot of new items sold there. If nothing else it is a good resource for a price check.

DallasCowboysFan likes this.
  3. I never thought about Ebay, maybe I should check it more often.

I went ahead and bought one at Target this morning.

Then I went to Amazon to delete the item from my watch list and guess what.......?

The price dropped 17% to $74.50.....and free shipping........:(

I tried calling Target to ask about getting a refund for the difference, but no one answered. They probably knew I was calling to ask for a price differential.

See?..........a website like this would be a good idea.

Does Amazon automatically reduce the price of an item if you put it on your wish list and don't immediately buy it? I have placed several items on my wish list in the past and seen the price drop a few dollars within a few days after it was listed......just an observation.

BTW, the site for WalMart suggests that there is a $20 rebate, but when you go to the rebate site, you get a blank page. Many people complained about this online. So....no rebate from them.

Last edited: May 25, 2019
  4. Yeah........Target said they would refund the difference !