Shopping Mall Traffic - post your experience

Discussion in 'Economics' started by drsteph, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Wednesday I went to Toys 'R' Us at around 11am for a few last minute things. I couldn't believe how crowded the parking lot and store was for that time of the day.
    The strange thing was that I was the only person in the store pushing a shopping cart. Nearly everyone else I saw was just holding the few things they were buying. :eek:

#11     Dec 19, 2008
  2. Costco and Walmart has been packed even on weekdays around me in Phoenix, AZ...

#12     Dec 19, 2008
  3. MattF

MattF

shopped locally last Saturday night. Crowds were so-so...maybe slightly more due to the holidays. But not packed.

Some stores were dead, others were busy that were going out of business (i.e. KB Toys), some slightly higher then "normal" discounts, but didn't look like too many buyers overall.

#13     Dec 19, 2008
  4. balda

balda

Same here in Sherman Oaks (Los Angeles)

Sherman Oaks mall parking lot is full. But I've never seen 40-60% off offers at Macy's and Bloomingdale's before.

#14     Dec 19, 2008
  5. Packed here (Dallas) - can't find a parking space on Fri/Sat, and even weeknights are packed. Malls and standalone stores.

I find it hard to believe people are saying malls in their areas aren't crowded...

#15     Dec 19, 2008
  6. Stosh

Stosh

Fort Worth, Texas: Malls, restaurants, etc......all doing well here, but I read we are one of the areas that is dodging most of the recession. Stosh

#16     Dec 19, 2008
  7. detroit(burbs), MI - malls are packed. parking is a pain in the ass.

#17     Dec 19, 2008
  8. Hopefully, that "oil money" won't run out anytime soon. :cool:

#18     Dec 19, 2008
  9. IN Houston malls are packed.

#19     Dec 19, 2008
  10. Walmart is always packed...so many cheap asses there just blowing thier whole checks. Hell, you wanna see how cheap people are, go to a 24 hour walmart when its 3am in the morning and you will still see its full of cars! I kid you not! Bunch of cheap ass mf'ers!

#20     Dec 19, 2008