Shopping for new software / broker / data feed

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jmp470, May 9, 2019.

1. jmp470

jmp470

Hello all,
    I'm coming from an all inclusive broker, TD Ameritrade, and I'm looking for information on what trading program to get. I've been demoing NT, and SierraCharts.

My needs are: Stocks and Futures.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

3. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

Definitely try out MotiveWave (14 day risk free trial): https://www.motivewave.com/free_trial.htm We connect to TD Ameritrade, but currently we only have access to stocks and options through their API. We have tons of other brokers/data service providers for futures that you can use too. Functionality-wise, we are very similar to NT and SierraCharts--if not better ;)

4. Stick with Interactive brokers and TC2000/sierra charts, or stay at TD. But regarding features and prices there is really no alternative to those. And except IB every retail broker on earth sells order flows. IB is the last client orientated broker, the ithers are your enemy if you like.

jmp470 likes this.
  5. El_Cubano

El_Cubano

Youre just taking about using tc2000 for charting right? You can't execute trades through tc2000 unless using their brokerage as far as I know.

I jump around stocks often and the idea of having to switch tickers separately on two pieces of software would drive me crazy. So I prefer to have my charting and execution platform he the same. For now I've wrangled tws to be good enough for me. But i have toyed around with idea of connecting my IB account with 3rd party platforms

6. ZBZB

ZBZB

Use esignal to send orders to IB. Version 12 of esignal is the slickest front end I have seen. If esignal is too expensive then use www.medvedtrader.com For $19.99 a month.

7. jmp470

jmp470

I’m trading two accounts, with their online trading. But, utilizing NT to run the charts.

My goal is to get the multi broker NT for $1700 ish eventually. Trading futures with their broker and stocks with outside brokers.

Eventually, I will have to link trade accounts to all one source as I trade OPM.

I tried: IB, SC, NT, Fidelity, TOS, and Metatrader.

My charts are dirt simple, I trade with 1 indicator and zones that I create.

8. MotiveWave

MotiveWave Sponsor

You can connect MotiveWave to IB, CQG, Rithmic, even Ninja's brokerage (although Ninja will charge you an additional fee to connect to a third party). We are very competitively positioned both on price and functionality compared to most platforms out there.
    Our Professional Edition is comparable to NT and is only $995 for a lifetime license (or $75/month), but it sounds like you may only need our Trade Edition at $295 lifetime, or $29/month.

9. Yes thats right. And their brokerage really sux. I just wanted you to know that if you are not going for Eikon or Bloomberg - Sierra and TC2000 are your best plays for charting outside of TWS.

10. jmp470

jmp470

I’ve been looking at light speed and my question is: according to a trader on YouTube (I know not the best source), the monthly subscription includes commissions.

So if I do the stock and futures platform for $329 ish per month. Then my commissions will reduce that amount? So if I do $350 in commissions, I would owe no monthly fee. Is this correct, if so, that changes things.

As I like your stock fees. Makes scaling in and out cost effective.

#10     May 11, 2019