Shoppers Ain't Really Shopping: Spin City

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 19, 2009.

1. How many tight stops do you blow through when you find can't gauge direction well?

You have much fiddle-faddle.

#21     Aug 20, 2009
  2. When I can't gauge direction well, I try not to trade.

Didn't think of that one, did ya?

Sometimes my stops are hit, but that's what they're there for.

#22     Aug 20, 2009
  3. It's all the in-between, substanceless, commentary that people tend to remember you by.

You've become the stock_trad3r of the mods, and you probably never even realized it was happening to you.

#23     Aug 20, 2009

4. Ah, so now your response is along the lines of "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?"

What's next? Your dad gonna beat up my dad?

You post this negative stuff day in and out. But you've been wrong non-stop since, well, I don't remember. But at least all spring and summer.

You will eventually be right, and all of this will come crashing down - I truly believe it. In the mean time you will have missed countless opportunities, because of your ego in believing you are right and the market is crazy.

#24     Aug 20, 2009
  5. I'm not and have never been the one to engage in hit and run, stock_trad3r-esque, devoid of any substance comments, as you've been more and more prone to lately.

Even if I dislike someone, and they have an opinion widely divergent from mine, I will try to engage in a significant discourse.

I do tend to make a shallow comment or two now and then, when someone is acting utterly stupid or trollish, but I even usually regret that after the fact.

#25     Aug 20, 2009
  6. OK Guys - treaty time.
    The hedgy is up today alone on his position at the close to the tune of $120k. Thanks in part to RTH going just above 84.
    I still like the September short position of short RTH 80 calls, long 85 calls to cover. Profit is about $320 per option if RTH closes at or below 80 at September expiration.
    As you can see, all credit spreads have a "built-in" stop loss...that's what's great about them. Too bad old Vic Niederhoffer never accepted them. Instead, he went naked and bust....twice.

#26     Aug 20, 2009
  7. RTH at 85 !! His short 85 puts look to expire worthless. The hedgy looks to be knocking down nearly $200k for 2 weeks of "work". Really gutsy call....so totally unobvious.
    That's why he gets paid the big bucks.

#27     Aug 21, 2009
  8. Almost miraculously, the hedgy's UNOBVIOUS bet pays off. RTH August 85 put options expire worthless as RTH closes at 85.27 on expiration date.

#28     Aug 22, 2009