Shoppers Ain't Really Shopping: Spin City

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, Aug 19, 2009.

1. The obvious bet is usually wrong?

#11     Aug 20, 2009
  2. Exactly. as one famous trader once said:
    "if it's obvious, it's obviously WRONG".

My logic was that if the job market was so bad, retail would remain weak as well. But it appears the market is reassessing this situation right now....and climbing that proverbial "wall of worry".

#12     Aug 20, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

On one hand seems like every time I am out and about I get stuck behind somebody with a bunch of stuff they just bought in the back of their pickup or tied to the roof of their SUV. So I guess that could mean more big purchases.

But on the other hand, maybe it means more people can't afford delivery.

#13     Aug 20, 2009
  4. The data, Sears' own data, shows really soft sales.

Markets can and do act irrationally, sometimes for protracted periods of time (i.e. housing, dot.com stocks, tulips, etc.)

The softer side of Sears...

#14     Aug 20, 2009
  5. TGregg

TGregg

. . . irrational. . . solvent. . . Keynes. . .

#15     Aug 20, 2009
  6. All this negativity and doomsday posting becomes quite a yawn. Financials are up today over 2%. The market shows no sign of giving up it's risk orgy. Hell, even AIG is up over $4...haha.., yet day in and day out I come to this site to see the same posters with their end-of-the-world prophecy and what we should expect for the future.

It would certainly seem you are all more wrong than right.

#16     Aug 20, 2009
  7. acepowerdrive

acepowerdrive Guest

even a dead cat would bounce after falling from a 50 floor highrise.

#17     Aug 20, 2009
  8. You are always so wishy-washy with your comments. You always leave an out for yourself.

You got caught with your pants down big time when the mighty crash happened, didn't you, and you were probably making the same asinine comments just prior to then as you are now.

#18     Aug 20, 2009
  9. Perhaps you've heard of these things called "Stops"?

As long as I have tight stops, I'd rather be right every day for a year and wrong once than perpetually wrong like yourself, miss out on opportunities but be able to say "See!! I told you so!!" that one time.

#19     Aug 20, 2009
  10. It wouldn't bounce to the 30th floor, though.

#20     Aug 20, 2009