Shooting Near Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BSAM, Aug 13, 2012.

1. BSAM

BSAM

For clarity, brother Tom, (and if you are referring to me) I am not for a total gun ban.

#51     Aug 13, 2012
  2. Then, specifically, what laws do you want to see that don't already exist?

#52     Aug 13, 2012
  3. BSAM

BSAM

I believe we live in a time and environment where a person should be allowed one pistol and one rifle.

I don't think you really want to hear what the law should be if somebody goes in and shoots a clerk in a store. (It's basically a PG website.)

#53     Aug 13, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Won't you merely claim that their words or actions were defensible?

#54     Aug 13, 2012
  5. And one toothbrush and one can of beer and one child and one car and one broom and one shirt and one banana...

Are you or were you ever a member of the communist party? (My great-great grandfather was, so I guess I can't be too critical.)

Sounds like you long for the good old days when the Politburo ran everybody's lives.

#55     Aug 13, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

I'm really trying to be prudent and reasonable, brother Tom.
    You should try it.

#56     Aug 13, 2012
  7. LEAPup

LEAPup

I've got a Friend in Texas who always says, "if I've got a rogue bull out here tearing up and hurting the rest of the livestock, it's time to thin the herd."

Once that single trouble maker is removed from the non trouble making herd, things run smoothly and the rest live safe. Funny how that works...

#57     Aug 13, 2012
  8. You're being completely impractical. Would you tell a golfer he can own only two clubs?

When I was shooting competitively I had a half-dozen guns that I used just for competition, plus several others that I was testing. Those guns are not practical for uses such as CCW or home protection. I have other guns for that. Plus I have small caliber guns for my kids to shoot. I have many guns. I'm not a threat to you. I'm a law abiding citizen. Please keep your hands off my guns.

#58     Aug 13, 2012
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

That's it, that's your revolutionary grand idea for curbing gun violence? You do know it only takes one gun to commit a gun crime, right?

Shooting a store clerk is ALREADY against the law, regardless of how many firearms the shooter legally or illegally owns

Prudent? I have little doubt you truly believe that.
    But naive is probably a more accurate description.

#59     Aug 13, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Okay, I can accept that you are a law abiding citizen.
    What about those 300 million other folks out there, Tom?
    There's two or three nutcases out there among us.

Again, it's the times and the environment of the day that tells me we need to tighten gun laws.

#60     Aug 13, 2012