Shooting Near Texas A&M

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BSAM, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

NOT a fucking chance no job, no matter the prestige, is worth my dignity or principles.

#41     Aug 13, 2012
  2. BSAM

BSAM

LOL

#42     Aug 13, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I guess your frequent defense of these same guys, even when they're words or actions are indefensible, threw me off.

#43     Aug 13, 2012
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

My Godfather, God rest his soul, used to walk to school as a kid with his Friends. In the fall, they used to carry .22 rifles and shotguns to school, put them in the corner of the Principal's office, then when school was out they would squirrel hunt as they walked home.

This was in the south east, and was in the early 1950's.

My question to all of the gun control people is simple. Have those guns kids left in the Principal's office changed any at all? Don't think so. A gun fires a projectile today just as it did back then...

#44     Aug 13, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

#45     Aug 13, 2012
  6. BSAM

BSAM

Then maybe we should reinstate this policy?

#46     Aug 13, 2012
  7. Show me an example of one of these frequent defenses of indefensible words or actions from these guys.

#47     Aug 13, 2012
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Oh no, not in 2012. I was pointing out just how much people have changed, and not for the better. Guns haven't changed a bit.

We've lost something that was once an every day value, and way of being: respect for others and it shows...

#48     Aug 13, 2012
  9. A couple of years ago our county Sheriff made an arrest based upon a violation of California gun laws that ended up getting thrown out of court. The judge concluded that not even law enforcement and the DA's office fully understood the gun laws.

Everybody says we need to have fewer, more understandable gun laws, but when you ask them to get specific, the only thing they can come up with a is total gun ban.

Ultimately it's a philospohical argument. Most people clamoring for more gun laws believe that a woman lying dead in an alley is morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got shot.

#49     Aug 13, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Understood, brother Leapie.
    And when people change for the worse, what has to occur?

#50     Aug 13, 2012