Shoot the Bull - Currencies

Discussion in 'Forex' started by usdBull, Aug 23, 2006.

1. usdBull

usdBull

Accumulation or Distribution Phase of next leg?

Does it make sense that we were accumulating in November and have been going thru distribution this summer? Anyway, as expected volume has been well below average this summer. Amazes me....where do people go?

#41     Aug 24, 2006
  2. No, tomorrow it'll be Ben's speech in Denver. If (when) he confirms that rates will remain on hold for the remainder of 2006, then you'll see a surge north in EUR/USD.

#42     Aug 24, 2006
  3. usdBull

usdBull

Yes. You could be correct on that one. Or is it already priced in all these longs in the market? Seems as though alot of data was priced in this week.

Maybe he thinks Friday mid-morning would be a good time to let a little monetary policy slip in. Holiday coming and all.

#43     Aug 24, 2006
  4. usdBull

usdBull

Here's loonie chart. Can she recapture this reversal point. Hmmm?

#44     Aug 24, 2006
  5. usdBull

usdBull

Here's another loonie one to noodle on. I apologize for the size but it dates all the way back to 1974. Remember what was going on in 1974. I think inflation may have been a tad high.

Now here we are 32 years later and we have hit the 78% make or break reversal area. Are the inflation gods sending us a message? Is inflation bad for commodities?

#45     Aug 24, 2006
  6. usdBull

usdBull

Fed Bank of Chicago President Michael Moskow two days ago said the central bank may need to resume lifting borrowing costs because inflation remains a threat.

#46     Aug 24, 2006
  7. usdBull

usdBull

Not too shabby considering what went on so far this week.

#47     Aug 24, 2006
  8. Ceci

Ceci

Please tell me bottom price and month in the year 1974

Thank you

#48     Aug 24, 2006
  9. usdBull

usdBull

See picture. Please keep in mind that I use Tradestation and there long term data is subject to ERRORS.

#49     Aug 24, 2006
  10. Ceci

Ceci

Thank you :)

#50     Aug 24, 2006