Shonfeld

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cmz1, Nov 4, 2001.

1. Eugene

Eugene

Stock777,

That's some funny shit.

Good one

#11     Nov 6, 2001
  2. liltrdr

liltrdr

Trade555...you already said that Schonfeld trades big size. Most folks 'round these parts don't really trade big size. We're mostly li'l traders. So if you do share these strategies, us hick traders won't be able to use 'em anyways.

#12     Nov 6, 2001
  3. Do they pay a salary in addition to a cut of the profits?

#13     Nov 7, 2001
  4. stock777

what was the gift, that was so funny?

#14     Nov 7, 2001
  5. trade555 ...

self praise stinks. Sch may be good, and a tight environment, but don't presume that someone, or the other posts were asking what/how to pass an interview.

Since the markets are dynamic in nature, and represent active-human nature, they will naturally rise to overcome, undo, nutralize any fair or unfair advantage that one might have. Enjoy your edge while it lasts, but, loose the snob appeal. Like the other trader said, whether we trade size or lessor-size, we're hicks not hacks, and certainly not high-cidity. The whole success of these forums was to share, expose and help make the Emptor Cavet'

#15     Nov 7, 2001
  6. limitdown I agree with you completely.

trade555,

The basis for my question was in no way to get information for an interview or to gain proprietary information about the firms style. The basis for my question stems from the fact that I'm used to trading decent size and Shonfeld has an office 10 minutes from my house. These two facts made your post intriguing. I was hoping your response would help me in making my decision whether or not it is worth pursuing them.

Remember! Those who bring nothing to the table don't eat. I hope you are not hungry.

#16     Nov 7, 2001
  7. if you want to trade for a living there is no better place. they have the best training and the treat there traders well beter than any other firm out there if you stick with them things will work out
    just go for it

#17     Nov 7, 2001
  8. liltrdr

liltrdr

Thanks a lot trade555. Since you know a lot about the firm, let me ask what kind of trader they're looking for. Guys who make 200K+? 300K? 400K? Who do I need to sleep with? Who must I kill? What kind of performer do I need to be to pass through the golden doors into trader heaven? :)

#18     Nov 7, 2001
  9. they only hire when they have room for a new class. they usually recruited for about 6 mo look in the new york times for the add when they have enough people they start the class usually in the summer to get in you just have to start talking to whoever is the person in the add if you already trade they probably wont want you they don't trade like these small firms do that means most books that you might have read are basically useless any training courses are also a big - the person who you talk to is usually the person who will hire. train and mentor you until you start making money and for profitability a good trader makes about 150k on a good day and also looses that type money but you wont trade more than 100 shares until you prove you are profitable and consistent

#19     Nov 7, 2001
  10. liltrdr

liltrdr

Were you or are you a Shonfeld trader?

#20     Nov 8, 2001