shocking (NOT) IB down AGAIN @ night. help finding an alternative PLEASE...

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by gangof4, Jul 25, 2007.

1. gangof4

gangof4

my comment about coping to IB issues was not directed @ you personally, but @ ib. not responding to trouble tickets is just icing on the cake.

unfortunately, i do not have a lot of logs saved (i have a couple) showcasing execution issues. reason being- when i'm in HSI or HHi.HK futures position and your system goes down or stops taking order (ie: i click it, it turns some colour besides green and never executes), i'm more concerned with the money i'm losing and trying to log into ib with my other computer/internet connection than going thru the minute procedure of trying to save my log file.

i'll look thru my stuff and PM you what i have tomorrow along with my ignored trouble ticket.

btw, my server reset is almost ALWAYS @ 9.25PST. in fact, i have never in the past 2 1/2 months NOT had the reset happen @ 9.25, or within 2 minutes of it (tonight was very odd in that it happened between 9.27 and 9.28). also, the reset has never caused me a problem, it's only been down more than 10 seconds one time. and, like i said, it's almost like clockwork @ 9.25 so i plan accordingly.

#11     Jul 25, 2007
  2. gangof4

gangof4

this wasn't intended to be an all out ib bitch thread. i am seriously looking for an alternative for trading the Asian and German futures markets.

suggestions?...

#12     Jul 25, 2007
  3. Gang of four ... you're a wanker!!!

LMAO .. we get some dickheads here.

I've been trading HSI for the last few days and I can assure you - there have not been any outages.

Re the Asian server it seems you are misinformed there. I'd correct you but I can't be bothered. You're too much of a wanker for me to waste any more time helping you.

#13     Jul 25, 2007
  4. gangof4

gangof4

who the fuck are you to personally attack me when you don't know me or the issues. i guarantee you that if you had the execution and server issues that i've had, you'd be pissed too and looking for alternatives. that is the purpose of the thread. asian futures as a full time vehicle is relatively new to me and i am looking for alternatives to ib because i keep having issues that cost me money. when i have multiple computers and multiple connections and each has the same problem- THEN IT"S IB's ISSUE, NOT MINE. who is the wanker. talk out your ass about something you know nothing about...

i am not some noob to the markets. i've made my living entirely in the markets since 1988. so stfu.

#14     Jul 25, 2007
  5. gangof4

gangof4

so, does anyone use a broker besides IB to trade these markets?

#15     Jul 25, 2007
  6. I use IB for these markets - I'm on the HK server though.

I don't know of another "solution provider" with the same functionality as IB.

It may be simplest for you to open two accounts as suggested, one with the US server if the reset of the HK server is an issue there.

Alternatively IB could ping out a message that reset is about to occur (with 5 minutes warning).

#16     Jul 25, 2007
  7. I repeat. You are a Wanker. :p

Anyone who starts a "XXX is bad/evil/shocking" thread and proves to simply be stupid is by definition ... a wanker.

And you have met the criteria. In spades.

#17     Jul 25, 2007
  8. Kiwi,

We both see very many wankers unfairly attacking IB, but it sounds to me like this guy may have some legitimate grievances. I don't think it benefits IB, or us as IB customers, to launch personal attacks and insults against fellow customers who may have legitimate grievances. I know from experience that there is a problem with trouble tickets being ignored, and I can see how that would create a very negative impression and severely complicate other issues. Please, Kiwi, lay off this guy, and consider apologizing to him.

#18     Jul 25, 2007
  9. gangof4

gangof4

thanks for the reply. how often do you have issues with the HK server going down? trading the US markets, i have only had 1 issue of any consequences, while trading the Asian markets i am in the double digits on only a few months.

like i said, in my OP, i like all the markets available, i am just getting afraid to take positions in HSI/HHI.HK because of the random drops. these are things that i have to find a solution to before i truly go 'live' with this (i have been trading the system with only 1/10th the $ in the account that i will be using. i'm pretty close to being ready to trade in more size, but not with these issues).

thanks again.

#19     Jul 25, 2007
  10. gangof4

gangof4

the thread title clearly states i am looking for alternatives. your smug attitude contributes nothing. one of my best friends is from New Zealand, if you're going to be such a prick, you might want to use a different user name- everyone i've met from NZ is the polar opposite of your pompous know it all attitude. are you sure you're not from a nearby country...

now, please, piss off of my thread.

#20     Jul 25, 2007