Shocking New Revelations In CIA Interrogation Scandal

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Is it your position that the concept and use of "spies" and intelligence gathering is a recent phenomenon, or that such tactics have been around since Nimrod, and that this function was in use during the constitutional convention.

As far as "impunity", the refernced article and the Obama witch-hunts would render your point moot.

#11     Aug 27, 2009
  2. You mind pointing to some quotes from founders on secret police, secret police with lots of power and funding who would act with impunity and be free from regulation by the powers of government?

#12     Aug 27, 2009
  3. First, the CIA is not a secret police agency. Second, intelligence activities by their nature have to be secret to be effective. That is why traitors like the ACLU and liberal democrats are always trying to reveal secrets.

The real question is why do liberals always side with the enemies of our country? Why would a patriotic president appoint an attorney general who had shown himself to be ethically unfit during the Clinton administration and whose law firm was heavily involved in representing terrorists? Liberals were aghast that Dick Cheney was CEO of Halliburton but see nothing wrong with the AG coming from a firm that proudly represents terrorists.

#13     Aug 27, 2009
  4. maxpi

maxpi

I'm still stuck back on the second hand smoke here on Fridays... wait. I have an actual idea.. [it happens].. get the terrorists to trade in Marijuana, currently they do heroin and coke and sometimes do designer drugs but basically, hey, it's the ME, they grow the poppies there.. so get them to switch to Marijuana.. now anybody that's ever been embroiled in the war on drugs like I have [not saying which side I was on here, no sense in getting controversial]... knows that basically nobody can keep from using from their own supply.. nobody does that really, they might say they do but, really now? So the terrorists smoke pot and that's it, no more terror, they couldn't work their zipper and a toilet probably, let alone make a bomb... or know what day it was or anything required to blow something up at an appointed time.. I can see it now, random explosions in the parking lots of all night eateries [dope smokers HAVE TO stop and eat] and nobody remembers to call up the press and take credit...

#14     Aug 27, 2009
  5. Sure, the KGB was/is not a secret police agency...

"Second, intelligence activities by their nature have to be secret to be effective."

Not secret from the regulatory process...

Have you no concept at all of proper checks and balances?

#15     Aug 27, 2009
  6. TGregg

TGregg

Of course. Being a successful part of a major US corporation is to the left what helping out terrorists is to the right. And visa verse. To conservatives, a US corporation provides jobs, investment opportunities, a better life for all employees, taxes and delivers a product or service that helps out all who purchase. To liberals, a corporation keeps minorities and women down, exploits the poor and Mother Gia.

To conservatives, terrorists butcher innocent people. To liberals, they are freedom fighters.

To liberals, Cheney is evil. They know he is evil because he was part of Halliburton. And our current AG is good. They know for a fact he is good because he works with our enemies.

#16     Aug 27, 2009
  7. fuken republican criminals

#17     Aug 27, 2009
  8. No smoking allowed. Second hand tobacco smoke 'll kill ya. Life doesn't get any better than a smoke free Abrams tank

[​IMG]

#18     Aug 27, 2009
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Brilliant retort. We need more informative little chats like this...

We know how bad it feels when you look around and you see happy Republicans with jobs and families and churches and.... uhh, what do they call that.. oh yeah, lives!! They have gotten busy and they have a life.. well that bothers some people but we understand...

#19     Aug 28, 2009
  10. "We know how bad it feels...

but we understand"

Oh, of course "we" do...

#20     Aug 28, 2009