Shocked by fed decision

Discussion in 'Economics' started by myminitrading, Sep 20, 2007.

1. gnome

gnome

If you're talking, "how long before the US is actually in recession" (fewer widgets produced than last year), we could be there NOW... hardly anybody would know.

If you're talking, "how long before even the dumbest f^ck recognizes recession and the Gummint can no longer deny it"... could be 20-30 years, easy.

#11     Sep 20, 2007
  2. empee

empee

nice article, thanks for writing. i agree with most of it, as do non right wing Neo Cons I would suspect.

#12     Sep 20, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

and you continue to post this bullshit. we could not get a better prove than the recent market moves showing that fed fund futures market DOES NOT reflect market expectations about target rate...which many idiots (together with you) here suggested.

#13     Sep 20, 2007
  4. Babak

Babak

dhpar,
    Why the personal insult? we're simply discussing an interesting topic.
    To address what you say, I'm referring to the short term fixed income market, not the Fed Funds futures market. So I'm not sure what it is that you're saying exactly.

In any case, according to the FF futures market, a 25 bp cut was priced in 100% and a 50 bp cut had a probability of around 75%.

#14     Sep 20, 2007
  5. dhpar

dhpar

you know why! you were already told to stop poluting thread with this crap on a different thread e.g.
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103613

stop advertising your blog in every post.
    by the way your implied odds are wrong anyway...

#15     Sep 20, 2007
  6. Babak

Babak

I have not been informed by any moderator or Baron in private (IM) nor in public on any thread that I've seen. If you know of a message for me from the moderators on a thread, please refer me to it specifically, I'd appreciate it.

What you refer to as "crap" is my contribution to the discussion. I see no reason to stoop to insults, even if you disagree. Rather than write what I've already written on my trading blog, I post a link to it. Since it is a free blog, it isn't "advertising".

The numbers I gave are correct. You may verify them yourself if you wish. Here is another source:

http://tickersense.typepad.com/ticker_sense/2007/09/no-bull-imminen.html

#16     Sep 20, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

whatever

#17     Sep 20, 2007
  8. harkm

harkm

Good comeback. :p

#18     Sep 20, 2007
  9. Scribe

Scribe

Ben should be looking for a safe spot to make a "soft" landing in his plane with a sputtering engine. Instead he has elected to pull back as hard as possible on the yoke to try and gain altitude. Stall speed is approaching.......

#19     Sep 20, 2007
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

the pain is not going to go away, its either take it in one shot or as a numbing kind of pain that drags and drags, what easing rate so there be more credit, sort of like saying the sub-primers r up to their eyeballs in debt & suggest they go get another credit card to help pay of the more urgent payments first, is that what you propose ?

#20     Sep 20, 2007