Shock Poll: Only 26% Of Public Thinks Obama Will Be Re-elected

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rc8222, Nov 16, 2010.

1. you might want to take time out of your busy schedule to watch it... will give you insight on how absurd you and your ilk appear to normal people.

#11     Nov 17, 2010
  2. rew

rew

The Tea Partiers' darling, Sarah Palin, thinks Obama would make himself more popular if only he would bomb Iran.

From an interview with Chris Wallace:

Palin: "... Say he [Obama] decided to declare war on Iran or decided really [to] come out and do whatever he could to support Israel, which I would like him to do, but - that changes the dynamics in what we can assume is going to happen between now and three years."

McCain, that old guy she ran with in 2008, is also keen to "bomb, bomb, bomb, ... bomb bomb Iran". Given that McCain somehow won the Republican presidential nomination in 2008, it looks like war is still quite popular with Republicans. And who is everybody talking about making a run for Prez in 2012? Sarah Palin, of course.

#12     Nov 17, 2010
  3. rew

rew

The Republicans will abrogate the constitution by giving us the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and undeclared wars.

The problem is that the Democrats will give us the same.

Only one Republican has made following the constitution his priority and principal reason for being in office -- Ron Paul. He's also the Republican most despised by the party leaders.

#13     Nov 17, 2010
  4. It must say somewhere in the Constitution that Cheney was the anti christ ...thump thump. :D

#14     Nov 17, 2010
  5. If you think Iran should be allowed to become a nuclear power you're delusional.

#15     Nov 17, 2010
  6. rew

rew

Count me as delusional. We let China get nuclear weapons. We let India get nuclear weapons. We let Pakistan get nuclear weapons. We let Israel get nuclear weapons.

I fail to see what makes Iran so special. They will use any nuke they produce the same way that other countries do -- to threaten any country that tries to nuke them first.

#16     Nov 17, 2010
  7. Oh please. Ahmadinejad is a madman and you have no idea how he might use nukes.

#17     Nov 17, 2010
  8. rew

rew

Oh yes, whoever the neocons want to have a war with is a "madman" or "the new Hitler". It gets old. I don't think Ahmadinejad is going to willy nilly start a nuclear war. If he attacks the U.S. his country becomes radioactive glass. If he attacks Israel his country becomes radioactive glass. If we want to give Iranians less of a reason to want nukes we should stop threatening to invade their country.

#18     Nov 17, 2010
  9. "Me and my ilk", now that's funny cartoon boy.

#19     Nov 17, 2010
  10. reg

reg

We don't know the context of Palin's answer since you did not post what the exact question was. A link would have been extremely helpful.
    I also find your statement about McCain being keen to "bomb, bomb, bomb,....bomb bomb Iran" quite interesting. Could you provide links to back up these posts please?
    Also, in your original post, you mentioned "plenty of Republicans", but you only mentioned two here. Could you provide more proof that "plenty of Republicans still think that what Americans want most is a war with Iran?" It would be much appreciated if you could also provide the necessary link(s) to back up whatever it is that you will be posting.
    Thanks very much and looking forward to your next response on this subject matter.

#20     Nov 17, 2010