Shld?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by The Kin, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Just noticed this diologue...
    I've been following SHLD for quite a while.
    Sold it a month or so ago at $154 when the retail sector started to weaken. Actually I'm looking to buy it back soon.

About that time, Lambert stated through Cramer, when it was in the 150's, that he was not going to babysit Wall Street any longer in regard to the stock price. They started in the business together years ago.

I believe Lambert's strategy is to reorganize the management team, which he's already made some moves. Offer Kmart shoppers Sears product line. Sell the redundant stores (lots of Kmart's in the same locale as Sears stores).

Reinvest the real esate monies in other ventures. Thus, the Cramer title of the "New Buffet". It's an interesting story, and it appears Wall Street has been buying it. The stock has traded as high as $163 with basically only questimates for earnings forecasts: $8.00 in '05 and $12.00 in '06.

Should start to find support in the $120's, it broke out from there earlier in the year. So far I'm buying the story even though the stocks chart looks like it's on a ski slope heading back to the lodge.

#31     Sep 12, 2005
  2. caller on radio show today. jim i bought smith and wesson on your rec. now i am down 20%. what do i do now. jim says buy more.

#32     Sep 13, 2005
  3. lol cramer wearing a post it note for shld today. cramer is sitting on some big losers now. cramer is making fast traders money off his pumps but a lot of investors are becoming bagholders. outside of oil his picks mostly suck.

#33     Sep 21, 2005
  4. Look for a an energetic bounce in SHLD this week.

#34     Sep 22, 2005
  5. Cramer is not day trading this stuff. Look at the trend of the indexes; did ya hear about the hurricane? Sheeesh.....!

#35     Sep 22, 2005
  6. isnt that the point. many of his picks seem to pop a day then long sickening plunge with no escape plan. even cramer himself said they were a house of pain. i have been tracking the calls.he makes some good picks but man the guy takes pain.

#36     Sep 22, 2005
  7. here is another house of pain for him and his take today.

Is Yahoo! (YHOO:Nasdaq - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) getting too cheap?

The whole (sickening) way down to $31 for Yahoo! while Google (GOOG:Nasdaq - commentary - research - Cramer's Take) has climbed to well above $300, I have watched the leveling process at work. They both now sport identical multiples on next year's earnings. Any appreciation from Google beyond here I believe will accrue to Yahoo!'s benefit. And I believe that Yahoo!, which I own for ActionAlertsPLUS, is getting "too cheap" -- relative term, I know -- to ignore for the growth guys.

I say this because when I read about all of the problems that the newspapers are having, I keep coming back to the fact that they are being challenged not so much by Google on the ad side -- they are on the content side, because Google is taking mindshare away -- but by Yahoo!.

Look, Yahoo!'s never going to be cheap. It still has a giant market cap of more than $40 billion, but it is now down for the 15% for the year. That seems extreme. It's even down year-over-year.

Yahoo!'s been penalized because it didn't guide up enough when it reported and because many funds sold Yahoo! to buy Google, because at $295 for Google and $34 for Yahoo!, it was a bit of a "no-brainer," as the insiders say.

#37     Sep 22, 2005
  8. A close today at the top of the range can cause a nice gap up tomorrow.

#38     Sep 22, 2005
  9. James Cramer
    See, It Is Not Just Me
    9/22/2005 2:05 PM EDT

Sears (SHLD:Nasdaq) director Steve Mnuchin -- Mnuch!! -- just acquires 265,000 shares of Sears from 9/20 to 9/21. Why, he must be as dumb as I am! Dumb like his father the Coach!? Hah
    Position: Long SHLD

#39     Sep 22, 2005
  10. I used to have respect for Kosmo ... even bought a book of his "real money"

did his personality change due to TV exposure ?

or does he want to one day be remembered for

his Booya ?

by the way ... Eddie L. did he sell or hedge any
    SHLD this yr ?

:)

#40     Sep 22, 2005