Shld 25d R/r

Discussion in 'Options' started by atticus, Aug 26, 2008.

1. dmo

dmo

You mean to tell me there really ISN'T any such thing as a free lunch? I'm devastated!

Say it ain't so atti, say it ain't so.

#21     Sep 3, 2008
  2. I got tired of checking my run for the short. I've done about 10 of those "hard to borrow" reversals and have yet to get taken out on inventory.

#22     Sep 3, 2008
  3. dmo

dmo

You mean you have yet to be forced out of your shorts? That sounds promising.

Do you always do the reversals on those hard-to-borrow plays, or are the EFP's always there to do as well? Seems like the EFP's are a better bet.

#23     Sep 3, 2008
  4. Yeah, I've covered some, but nothing forced. I'll do the EFP if there are SSFs available, but often it's the reversal. Best return was TASR 90 reversal a few years ago.

#24     Sep 3, 2008
  5. dmo

dmo

How far out of line did that one get? And did you ever find out why? Thx.

#25     Sep 3, 2008
  6. Nearly 3 points on a 30-day hold. Hard to borrow. I sourced it through my brother's account at GS.

#26     Sep 3, 2008
  7. I closed 10x about flat just to get some cash back to trade again.

this is more of an academic exercise for me now as i never executed a successful reversal yet! 50k cash lock for ~2 months on remaining 10x contract for a $2k gain :p Still be cool if it actually goes through though.

I setup IB so if the rug got pulled under me, it will immediately send a sms to my cell alerting the shorts got closed and i am naked on the long synthetic.

#27     Sep 3, 2008
  8. An alert will pop-up on TWS and an email will be generated.

#28     Sep 3, 2008
  9. thanks atticus, that's good to know. Guess i dont need to setup a custom alert then, just having the email auto forwarded to my cell.

#29     Sep 3, 2008
  10. do you trade with a "PORTFOLIO MARGIN ACCOUNT"?? if not you should look into

#30     Sep 5, 2008