Shkreli at court

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Pekelo, Jun 26, 2017.

1. vanzandt

vanzandt

#181     Sep 6, 2017
  2. Macca1

Macca1

"Prosecutors want Pharma Bro jailed for his ‘dangerous’ trolling"

Shrekeli has been doing some epic trolling in the last few weeks, claiming to process Hilary Clintons DNA, and then publicly offering $5,000 to anyone who would ‘grab’ some of her hair during her upcoming book tour

“So on HRC’s book tour, try to grab a hair from her. I must confirm the sequences I have. Will pay $5,000 per hair obtained from Hillary Clinton.”

Shrekeli claimed that the secret service were investigating him over it, and media outlets have picked this up and are running with it. However it is unclear if this part is fake news . Shrekli could just be baiting them here. Media outlets report all his crazy status updates as genuine news, and he likes to exploit this.

"The Secret Service has requested an interview with me,” Shkreli wrote in another posting Sept. 5. “I am declining that interview — schedule is full. I will be peacefully protesting the Hillary Clinton book signing in NYC, chanting ‘lock her up’ with my friends, though.”

“F–k the government,” he wrote 35 minutes later. “I will never kiss their ring or snitch. Come at me with your hardest because I haven’t seen anything impressive yet.”

http://nypost.com/2017/09/07/prosecutors-want-pharma-bro-jailed-for-his-dangerous-trolling/

"Shkreli Asks Trial Judge to Toss Out His Fraud Conviction"

Shrekli's lawyers then strategically filed back today seeking a judgement of acquittal from all charges in his fraud cause.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-trial-judge-to-toss-out-his-fraud-conviction

*Correction, not all charges- Just his fraud conviction. 1 or 3 counts.
    -http://nypost.com/2017/09/08/shkrelis-lawyers-file-motion-to-drop-conspiracy-count/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    #182     Sep 8, 2017
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

He finally had to eat shit, and publicly apologized:

"Former drug company CEO and recently convicted felon Martin Shkreli is apologizing for putting a $5,000 bounty on Hillary Clinton's hair.

“I wanted to personally apologize to this Court and my lawyers for the aggravation that my recent postings have caused," Shkreli wrote in a letterfiled with the court and addressed Monday to the judge overseeing his case.

"I understand now, that some may have read my comments about Mrs. Clinton as threatening, when that was never my intention when making those comments. I used poor judgment but never intended to cause alarm or promote any act of violence whatsoever," he continued, urging the judge not to have his bail release reconsidered.

Shkreli came under fire last week after offering a $5,000 reward to anyone who successfully grabbed a sample of hair from the former Democratic presidential candidate while touring to promote her new book — but only promising to pay if the “sequence matches."

"The Clinton Foundation is willing to KILL to protect its secrets," Shrekli wrote in a since-deleted Facebook post.

"So on [Hillary Clinton's] book tour, try to grab a hair from her. I must confirm the sequences I have. Will pay $5,000 per hair obtained from Hillary Clinton. Payment after the sequence matches. Good luck, patrollers," he wrote, referring to DNA sequences.

News of Shkreli's apology lands on the same day the former secretary of State kicked off the tour to promote her new book, "What Happened," in which she shares her perspective of events during the 2016 presidential race.

Shkreli maintains that he never thought his post would be viewed as a call to inflict violence against Clinton.

"It never occurred to me that my awkward attempt at humor or satire would cause Mrs. Clinton or the Secret Service any distress," Shkreli said in his letter, adding that he is "not a violent person." "

#183     Sep 13, 2017
  4. Sig

Sig

Bet that hurt him more than any other penalty he's faced so far!

#184     Sep 13, 2017
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

At this point the judge can't send him to prison fast enough before he makes other stupid mistakes. I bet he is getting an extra year just because of that tweet...

#185     Sep 13, 2017
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Hard to believe how the guy was smart enough to become so succesful but so infantile when facing authority. Quite a bit of expensive Brafman's advice must have been lost on Shkreli.

#186     Sep 13, 2017
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

#187     Sep 13, 2017
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

#188     Sep 13, 2017
    Macca1 likes this.
  9. Macca1

Macca1

Guess he was always going in for a stint sooner or later.

It's been outrageous some of stuff he's been saying on Facebook/ and Live stream. It's almost like he wants to get locked up!

#189     Sep 13, 2017
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

The best part is that it is county jail and not club Fed. Now after a while the lawyer could make a deal with the prosecution, let's say no internet or any social media and house arrest, and they would let him out, but I say he stays in for a few weeks at least...

#190     Sep 13, 2017