Shit!Japan gives up! pulls ALL workers from plant, no one there now.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. you have now multiple times put up blatant lies on the board regarding the disaster in Japan. Its enough. None of what you wrote is in the slightest true. There are about 50 out of the 800 workers left who still try to work their best despite the danger they exposed themselves to. So, stop making up lies. Benefiting trading wise is one thing, making up lies to talk your book is the same as publishing lies about companies in order to benefit from your trading positions against such companies. Such action is punishable by law in the US and in most other civilized countries!!!

Enough said, you are on my ignore!!!

#11     Mar 16, 2011

2. WHAT?! Are you stupid? It was all over the news. Pull your head out of the sand there buddy.

Nobody's talking their book moron, and everything I posted was true. Go read something for once. You think they're actually going to push the market around lol? Get real.

#12     Mar 16, 2011
  3. Uhrm it was on CNN on Anderon Cooper and Reuters. I am not a reporter and dont make up the news..... can't help it if you have positions in TEPCO.

Sorry for your loss.

and Yes they have gone back now, but that was only reported after.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Site-saving workers evacuated from Japanese reactor disaster

If radiation drops, they will return. If not...

By Rik Myslewski in San Francisco

Posted in Science, 16th March 2011 05:07 GMT

Updated

The Japanese government has ordered the evacuation of the 50 remaining workers at the Fukushima Daiichi (No. 1) plant, thus bringing at minimum a temporary halt to the efforts to cool the distressed reactors at that increasingly troubled nuclear power plant.

"Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said work on dousing reactors with water was disrupted by the need to withdraw," reported New Delhi Television and other news outlets.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/16/fukushima_workers_evacuated/

#13     Mar 16, 2011
  4. benwm

benwm

It is true that the 50 workers were taken out of the plant due to the higher radiation, but within an hour some went back in...this happened several hours ago, unclear whether all 50 went back in...

The situation is still critical, not sure if "under control" is the right term, but the radiation don't appear to be escalating in Tokyo. Nighttime Tokyo we are obviously getting a lot less info.

Now an Russian atomic official has just said, "The Japan nuclear crisis is developing towards a worst-case scenario"

There is always a vagueness about the worst case scenario, but it appears to be the fuel melting, gathering below the reactor and resuming a chain reaction, boring a hole into the earth. This is the so-called "China Syndrome" hypothesis, not really a theory.

Partial meltdown at multiple reactors has been confirmed, which is bad enough, full scale meltdown would be the worst case afaik. It is not a done deal, just a harrowing possibility I suppose.

#14     Mar 16, 2011
  5. First of all, the Main stream media is clueless and they are having a field day with FEAR and Emotions. This is a huge event for their ratings. So, listening to those ass clowns will cost you $$$$$.

Second, the Goverment is not being straight forward either, which is no suprise because our own goverment lies about everything.

So, the task at hand is to read between the lines, try to decode the the good news that is valid and from the BULLSHIT news which is only trying to boost ratings.

#15     Mar 16, 2011
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

Exactly. And they realize there is a possibility they have freaked out over an event which isn't nearly as bad as they'd hoped. There is no way they will ever say "Oops. Nevermind."

They need to play it out.

#16     Mar 16, 2011
  7. I've been saying that this for over a week in other threads, only to get laughed-at that I thought this was no where near a Chernobyl-type event. Christfuck some people are ignorant.

#17     Mar 16, 2011
  8. F---. F---, F--- I got nailed by that drop, talk about slippage. I got half back on reverse and out until we see what the hell is up. Supposed rumor of reactor blow up.

#18     Mar 16, 2011
  9. Hey tac, if you monitor this site this one is for you. A monitor is going out the window on this news. LOL

#19     Mar 16, 2011
  10. One thing I did learn as a trader with Schonfeld, let the noise clear. Do not trade on the "NEWS" at that moment. Let the noise clear, the truth come out and watch the markets.

It is better to miss that first "fake" move than to get caught in it and get smoked. If there is a move, there will be a second one in the same direction, if the move is real.

Trade news like you would the fed report. Never jump in at the first blink....let things find a direction and confirmation. That is the only way you can trade current markets.

Also, contra trades on two huge moves can be worth the risk, ie the second huge sell off in the nikkie, 12% down.....the risk/reward is on the long side in such a move.

#20     Mar 16, 2011