Shit!Japan gives up! pulls ALL workers from plant, no one there now.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Grandluxe, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Japan suspended operations to prevent the stricken Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear plant from melting down Wednesday after a surge in radiation made it too dangerous for workers to remain at the facility.

Chief Cabinet Secretary Yukio Edano said work on dousing reactors with water was disrupted by the need to withdraw.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

All operations have been suspended.

AC reported on CNN minutes ago that it was said at the press conference that they pulled those last 50 workers out, says radiation is too high to continue working.

So this is it? They just gonna let it melt?

2. CET

CET

People are posting elsewhere that a new bunch of workers will be sent in. The workers being pulled have had more than enough radiation exposure. My guess is that their exposure level at this point is a death sentence but hopefully not.

3. They're probably tired and exhausted :(

4. noone knows exactly what that government official meant. I cant imagine they are just abandoning those nuclear plants. Nikkei is still up 4%.

5. d08

d08

Of course they won't just abandon the plant, don't be childish. I truly hope for the best, that they can extinguish the fire and that the winds remain the same.

6. What happened to the kamikaze workers?

7. They upped their legal acceptable radiation levels from 100 to 250. No comment about how long they've worked or what kind of breaks they've had.

8. jebo

jebo

Didn't all the Chernobyl workers left behind to keep on working end up dying a year later?

9. Daal

Daal

Don't tell this to the japanese

#10     Mar 16, 2011