Shit for brains liberal council woman gets offended by quilt made by kids

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 29, 2013.

1. Max E.

Max E.

How do people this stupid manage to get elected?

Here is a link to the video of this stupid woman, and the picture in question.

http://www.wset.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8816365

LOCAL VA COUNCILWOMAN INTERRUPTS CLASS PRESENTATION OF COMMUNITY QUILT TO LECTURE STUDENTS ON USING…BLACK STICK FIGURE

It was supposed to be a proud moment. It ended up being a controversial one. And all over a seemingly innocent quilt.

A group of high school juniors from Piedmont Governor’s School in Martinsville, VA, were presenting a quilt to the local city council they made as part of a class project. Students were in the midst of explaining the individual squares they had made in a fairly non-controversial way. That is until one student started describing an enlightening experience.

“We got to walk across the Philpott Dam and the small black person represents us before we learned all the information and then the bigger gold person is how he feels after he’s been enriched with all the different knowledge,” a female student explained.

She was abruptly interrupted.

“Excuse me. Um, why is the small black person the negative image?” Councilwoman Sharon Brooks-Hodge said.

The student was taken aback and tried to explain: “It’s not negative. It’s just showing how much we increased.”

Brooks-Hodge wasn’t buying it: “I take offense to that.”

“I didn’t mean to make it offensive,” another student tried to explain.

But Brooks-Hodge wasn’t done, setting her sights on not only the students but the teachers: “Whoever reviewed that to make a small black person the before and the gold which you are afterwards, considering you only talked to 10 percent of black people in a city that’s 45 percent African-American, I take offense to that and I hope that you do not display that.”

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Incredibly stupid voters. We have a number of them that hang out here.

3. "No decision has been made to "hang the quilt". Freud is everywhere..:cool:

4. Yikes... I just read that. you said "Hang"....

5. They better display it, no apologies, no explanation. I get so sick of these spineless people backing out of something because they 'offended' someone. If she gets racism out of it, that's her fucking problem.

6. Lucrum

Lucrum

7. pspr

pspr

LOL. One of our liberals here is going to <s>hang</s> hook his hat on that one.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Another bad day in the market...

eh?

9. Black people need White people. They shouldn't get offended all the time. Look at what happens to the cities where they live, after white people leave..... Black civilizations are inferior to White civilizations and they need to acknowledge this.

They should show some humility and gratitude to White people for rescuing them from their home continent, and paying for their welfare, housing, medical treatment (thanx Obummer), and incarceration (they would not be treated so well in the Old West).....

10. Yeah, they always do this when they get hammered.:D

#10     Apr 29, 2013