Shifting Bubbles: What Will The Next Bubble Be?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by ByLoSellHi, Jan 31, 2007.

1. fusionz

fusionz

yeah also some media and marketing companies

#11     Jan 31, 2007
  2. dac8555

dac8555

the best way to find out isto do a daily screen for 52 week highs. adjust the numbers to filter out noise...stock 10-500 dollars over about 200k shares traded per day.

Right now there are lots of things at lofty levels.

you forgot a commodities bubble as well.

#12     Jan 31, 2007
  3. Hedge funds.

#13     Jan 31, 2007
  4. China.

Barbers giving stock tips. Grandmothers day trading. Borrowing money on credit cards to buy stock. Hockey stick stock trends. Sound familiar? Well it's happening in China right now.

Watch out below.

Wall Street Journal article

#14     Jan 31, 2007
  5. Oil.......Nukes and hydro will force the cartels to dump huge amounts..

#15     Jan 31, 2007
  6. Reits? Who needs yield?

• reit.jpg
      File size:
      398.5 KB
      Views:
    #16     Jan 31, 2007
  7. Eventually everything is going to yield exactly the same. If anyone thinks whats going on is normal is crazy.

#17     Jan 31, 2007
  8. I like the post, I wish I could find it, about the strippers in Vegas saying you can't lose on RE in Vegas, just buy, buy baby! Yeah right, watch your money go good bye if you buy to high. RE different it's not like stock, there is a tangible assest, yada, yada, yada. I hope the national market stays in tact, I don't want my modest equity wipped out in the process.

Honestly I wish I would have drank the RE koolaid several years back. I know some people that did very well. Most of them unloaded at the high too.

#18     Jan 31, 2007
  9. I know of nano applications in chemicals, robotics, biotech, materials...

There is going to be BOOM in all of them. A little bit more boom in robotics than probably chemicals and biotech.

-----------------------------------------------
    Add to that stem cell r&d, as well as alternative energy sources.

#19     Jan 31, 2007
  10. Bingo...it's already a huge bubble and the banks are loving it! That money needs to be mobilized and made productive, but I believe the current inflationary confiscation strategy is the wrong answer. As long as cash is sitting on the banks' books they will lend it away.

While I believe the middle class to be an ideal as opposed to a reality, the lower echelon of our society ultimately bears the cost of inflationary monetary policy as they don't own assets that will go up in nominal value along with inflation. I estimate an elevated tax on deposits would get this concentration of purchasing power mobilized into more productive vehicles.

FWIW, I am a free-market advocate but some individuals and corporations are so wealthy that they have lost interest in maximizing the productivity (and returns) of their assets.

Also...when this deposit tax takes affect legislators should cut the corporate tax rates to promote business investment. There you go, disincentive and an additional incentive to be productive.

:D

#20     Jan 31, 2007