Sheffield university to offer UK’s first degree in derivatives trading

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by RedDuke, Jul 23, 2019.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

2. only stupid schools would do stupid stuff like that

3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Why? If they teach basket waving, they might as well teach trading.

4. tomorton

tomorton

I expect they'll be writing to me any day now offering a professorship.......

5. lovethetrade

lovethetrade Guest

For sure you will be a real star after completing that course. Your contribution towards the economy and society will be profound and felt across all corners.

Does the course teach you how to not pay any taxes as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2019
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

Berkeley, Yale and Harvard all have classes for poker playing. MIT has a free online class. They don't guarantee you can make money by playing poker, they just teach you the skill. If trading is like playing poker, where you can turn the odds in your favour, nothing is strange about a uni class.

https://www.pokerlistings.com/blog/top-5-poker-universities

7. ironchef

ironchef

Do they have free online classes on trading derivatives? I couldn't find them on Coursera.

8. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

It makes sense considering many of the top global finance schools now have sponsor trading rooms on campus for those in the school of business, school of finance and such.

In fact, some of the global top schools allow their departments in this field to trade/invest the schools billion dollar endowement funds...not all of it but multi-million dollars of it.

wrbtrader