Sheepsuckers ES journal, rags to rices

Discussion in 'Journals' started by sheepsucker, Dec 27, 2009.

1. Yeah I really botched it with the title.

Probably also cant trade.

#21     Apr 27, 2010
  2. Had to adjust some setups for higher volatility and add criteria for when it is higher volatility. Seemed to work better. Some discipline problems, but moneywise about be last week.

#22     May 15, 2010
  3. Been doing better this week.
    Started using a checklist before I take any setup.
    One problem I had was that I confused setup and context so one thing that was good in setup A and bad in setup B subconciously crept in as a good thing to look for in setup B and consequently a bad trade. Or forgetting some requirement for some setup.
    The checklist has really helped me slowly turn into an emotionless blob just executing. Gotta see if it continues and if it holds if the stakes are increased.

After all I am just a simple sheepsucker executing.

#23     May 21, 2010
  4. Been basically breaking even the last weeks.
    Had one spectacular week, +60 fesx points and then after that some losing streaks.
    Been improving and specifying my plan constantly as I notice flaws with it.

The latest thing I improved in it was stricter rules for exits, and specifically taking increasing/decreasing and amount of volume into account.

Probably elevated confidence from good periods caused me to look for homeruns which lead to not taking profits when should have -> losing.

#24     Jun 21, 2010
  5. Last week was up pointwise but BE moneywise.
    Really struggling with increasing size to any meaningful amount.

Today I lost. Broke rules, really tried to win and think, instead of just executing.

Now I should again get the feeling:
    "I lost trying to think and win, now it doesnt matter if I win or lose as but at least I wanna follow plan"
    In that state I can trade successfully.

Winning with increased size or otherwise increased confidence removes this feeling, which makes it so difficult for me.

But I guess acknowledging the problem is half the battle.

#25     Jun 29, 2010