She got the house, kids, and $750 million

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by peilthetraveler, Jul 2, 2010.

1. 250 mil..that ain't workin'! that's the way you do it playin' your guitar on mtv! :D

#11     Jul 2, 2010
  2. She's too good for that sleazy piece of crap, Tiger. She needs to be with me! Sorry Rennick, you can't have her...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12     Jul 2, 2010
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Yeah, The Pittsburgh Sun, my favorite paper.... :)

[​IMG]

#13     Jul 2, 2010
  4. she got the goldmine i got the shaft :D

#14     Jul 2, 2010

5. Actually thats Americans and their government.

#15     Jul 2, 2010
  6. jem

jem

the guys stroke sucks right now. He dives into a lot of shots and he can't hit off a strong left leg. He broke his body down and he may have toasted his neck with a driver.

He gets by with mental strength and a good short game right now. But short games get worn out by pressure over time. The potential for future endorsement deals can't be worth 700 mill after tax right now.

he has the worst advisors in the world if he accepts that deal. Unless

1. he does not have a solid prenup, or
    2. he gave her some sort of disease which might earn here 100s of million in court.

so my conclusion is that - 750 mil is a fabrication.

#16     Jul 2, 2010
  7. What sounds high to me is making a billion dollars for hitting a ball into a hole. If someone had told any one of us 20 years ago that someone would make a billion dollars playing golf, we wouldve laughed at them. Todays outrageous 750 million dollar divorce settlement is tommorrows average celebrity divorce settlement.

#17     Jul 2, 2010
  8. money for nothing and your dicks for free...........for life also

#18     Jul 3, 2010
  9. The thing that shocked me the most about Tiger, was that so many people were surprised that he cheated on his wife. 1) A wise man once told me "no matter how hot she is, somebody is tired of her shit". 2) Tiger is a young, good looking, affable, billionaire athlete. I would be shocked if he wasn't getting some strange.

#19     Jul 3, 2010
  10. Hello

Hello

I think it is waayyy to early to discount Tiger as broken down, he played in 3 tournaments and was top 5 in the 2 majors, though he missed the cut in the other tourney, in which he played terribly. Traditionally he has won at a pace of about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 tournaments he has played in, so he is still not even out of his normal range yet. With that said, yes his game has looked a little shaky at times, but Tiger has sort of always been like that, the thing is when his round starts out somewhat shaky usually he is able to correct it throughout the round which he hasnt been able to do thus far.

I think that more than anything what we are seeing is the competition all around him getting way better, there are a ton of young guys coming up on the tour right now who are extremely talented, who watched Tiger growing up, and knew what they needed to get done in order to achieve success, the amount of work you have to put in to be a pro golfer is now similar to all the other pro sports, alot these guys are finding themselves hitting the gym now and getting themselves in to good physical condition to compete, where as before very few golfers ever did this.

I think that more than anything the advantage the competition has gotten from this is purely mental, Tiger used to be seen as this invincible force out there, and he had the uncanny knack for putting pressure on the players around him, alot of his wins were also from other players around him folding, or choking down the stretch. I think that his competition will now see him as just another human as he is no longer untouchable. This also goes the other way, Tiger also thought he was invincible and i think he will lose a bit of his confidence now, a large part of golf is mental so this is a huge blow. Plus he is having to deal with hecklers which he has never had before.

In terms of the pre-nup, I dont understand it either. You would think though that a guy worth the amount of money Tiger is worth would have lawyers who created a rock solid pre nup. Maybe there was some kind of infidelity clause in the pre-nup. The thing is The judge will grant Elin custody of the kids no questions asked, and judges in the past have ordered Money away from fathers to keep kids living the life they have been used to before.

Tigers endorsement from Nike alone is worth over 100 million for 5 years with all the perks that come along with it. Tiger Woods basically invented Nike golf though so it is well worth it for Nike to keep him on. When i was a junior member at the course growing up, nike golf was unheard of except for a few Golf shirts, this was when Tiger was still hitting titleist balls and Clubs. When Tiger switched over to Nike, every kid on the course went along with him, now i would be willing to put the number somewhere around 1 in 3 to 1 in 5 junior golfers coming up are using Nike clubs balls and clothing. Tiger still probably has 13 years of decent golf left in him, so this contract alone could be worth 300 million or more, provided that his name isnt being dragged through the mud. Provided that Tiger keeps winning, even if he keeps winning at Phil Mickelsons pace nike will keep him provided that Elin doesnt drag his name completely through the mud.

Couple all these factors with the fact that Tiger is an egomaniac, who doesnt want his name being butchered all over the tabloids anymore, and i could easily see the settlement being 250-500 million dollars.

#20     Jul 3, 2010