Sharper Image Files for Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ByLoSellHi, Feb 20, 2008.

1. LT701

LT701

'Sharper Image' at least was a better name than their previous name 'Useless Shit for James Bond Wannabes'

whole fucking store was like an airline cataogue. junk for pretentious morons

i did buy a 'dui blower' there, but testing it against clock and count of 12 ounce beers, it wasnt that close to what i expected. no way in hell i'd trust it over clock and count

#11     Feb 20, 2008
  2. saw it coming but can't believe it. I love sharper image's stuff.

#12     Feb 20, 2008

3. hahahahahahahahah

#13     Feb 20, 2008
  4. Thats probably why they were doing so bad, most people just walk around and never buy anything (I did the same thing).

IF the EPA regulated indoor air, this company would have been shut down years ago just for their ionic "air purifiers".

#14     Feb 20, 2008
  5. Almost everything sharper image sells, you can find it elsewhere for much cheaper and better made. Dont even have to look hard enough.

Their flagship ionic air filter is one of the most expensive and worst rated air purifers on the market, rated by multiple testing agencies using standard industry testing methods.

Sharper image in turn try to sue the rating agencies and lost, then the buyers of ionic breeze sued(think it was a class action) sharper image, causing it to lose a lot of money.

Glad this snakeoil company is going under, it's fine to sell expensive stuff if it's unique or good quality, but wrapping cheap junk with all that marketing is still crap.

#15     Feb 21, 2008