Sharon Bialek: I spoke out to help Herman Cain

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trader666, Nov 8, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

No, no.
    It would only work if he would run as a Democrat.

#11     Nov 8, 2011
  2. Do you really believe Bialek is speaking out to help Cain beat Obama as she says? If not then why believe anything else she spews?

#12     Nov 8, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, the other stories about Cain probably have credibility as both Cain and the company settled, but as i said yesterday this womans story stinks to high heaven, She is making the ridiculuos claim that she is not in it for the money, she just wants Cain to apologize and move on, as if thats even a possibility.

Then she goes ahead and attaches the biggest lowlife in history (even by lawyer standards) Gloria Allred to her cause, and she says the reason she didnt come foreword before was because she was worried about getting a bad image 14 years ago but NOW she wants to bring this thing into the national spotlight, when it could have been settled with no media attention 15 years ago.

#13     Nov 8, 2011
  4. pspr

pspr

I added the following to my previous post that shows she is probably really feeling the heat from the IRS and the state. She needs money.

"The IRS filed a tax lien against her in 2009 for nearly $5,200. In August, the Illinois Department of Revenue claimed Ms Bialek owed the state more than $4,300, including penalties and interest, relating to income taxes from 2004, according to county records."

#14     Nov 8, 2011
  5. She's speaking out to help herself, obviously. That said, I don't find her claims totally beyond belief. They just don't amount to much, even if true.

#15     Nov 8, 2011
  6. Not necessarily. Sometimes a short sighted business decision is made to settle because it can be cheaper and more low key than fighting it.
    And the more of her story we hear and the more we find out about her, the more it stinks.

#16     Nov 8, 2011
  7. pspr

pspr

That's probably true but she has probably also embellished what happened. He probably did something like put his arm around her and asked if she wanted to come up to his suite. Totally reasonable behavior in my mind.

#17     Nov 8, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

IMHO this is a misconception being pushed by the media. Of all the successful business owners i have met, I cant think of a single one who would just bend over and allow themselves to be taken to the woodshed as a cost saving measure. In fact it is the total opposite from people i have met, they will take this case to court to make sure that it doesnt open the door, and people know that they arent a pushover.

The business owners i know would have taken the first 1 to make the claim to court for years if Cain was innocent just to prove the point that they wont allow people to fuck with them. Once you start settling you open yourself up to all kinds of attacks.

#18     Nov 8, 2011
  9. Don't you just love how lawyers have "taken over" !!

#19     Nov 8, 2011
  10. Mercor

Mercor

With all the women he has hit on you would thing a woman would come out and say actually slept with him.

Are we to believe a wealthy powerful man was rejected every time.
    Or maybe its all not true...

#20     Nov 8, 2011