Shared Massive Parrallel Tick Testing System?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by greaterreturn, Dec 16, 2008.

1. No probs Wayne. All the best with this.

Cheers.

#11     Dec 16, 2008
  2. auspiv

auspiv

why not just have the feature built into tickzoom? that way each user could share processing power with other users. if you dont share your computer, you dont get access to others'.

#12     Dec 16, 2008
  3. Frostengine. You make some interesting points. Worth thinking about.

#13     Dec 16, 2008
  4. Again, very interesting.

#14     Dec 16, 2008
  5. You have hit the nail on the head exactly. I've been doing what's called "requirements gathering" using these forums.

Originally, I wrote TickZOOM only thinking of my personal requirements. Opening this up wide open for a week or two helps me have sense of where to go.

One good example is that before last Tuesday I was assuming it would be laughed at due to the very simple user interface although it does make very nice easy to use charts.

But the overwhelming response here is the opposite. Virtually everyone says the value is in the very fast engine.

That has totally changed my focus and accelerated when I can deliver the first release because I HAVE the engine working just fine.

Plus people asked about the limitations in other software which will be relatively easy to add in TickZOOM due to the architecture.

So it's all good.

But the number of comments like your of "get it finished already" are starting to pile up so I'm answering posts more briefly now.

The project description and road map is pretty solid now (not many disagreeing with it) so other than adding to the wish list. I'm finished gathering requirements for now.

Sincerely,
    Wayne

#15     Dec 16, 2008
  6. FYI, the last several discussions have added C++ port and massive parrallel computing to the road map. It's obvious that serious users will be willing to pay something reasonable (probably less than popular closed source commercial platforms) for the add-ons of parrallel computing and other "power user" features. Those will help fund a support team and development of the project as a whole.

And you're right it's important to have a direction of where the project is headed both for me and users.

Thanks. Wayne

#16     Dec 16, 2008