Share your life's best lessons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iprph90, Sep 8, 2011.

1. iprph90

iprph90

Personality is hard wired, character is not. Focus on making an impact on the latter, whether it is on yourself or others.

#31     Sep 12, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

I remember a movie scene from years ago.

Teenager slips into his parents room in the middle of the night and quietly wakes his dad.

Teenager: "Dad don't you think it's time you told me about the facts of life"?

Dad: "Life sucks...and then you die"

#32     Sep 12, 2011

3. learn to say no.
    if you say yes keep your word. always do what you say your going to do to do.
    learn to question what you are told.
    learn to enjoy your own company.
    nature is real beauty. get out and enjoy it.
    set a list of goals to accomplish(call it a bucket list).
    this is your only life. use it as wisely as possible.
    this is your only body. use it wisely. things like smoking and drinking and drugs are just stupid.
    always work. keep busy with something you enjoy.
    get a pet. pets make you smile every day.
    try to live a stressfree life. most stress is self inflicted. see point 1.

#33     Sep 12, 2011
  4. iprph90

iprph90

When you speak, your tone is probably more important than
    what you say..... you see, folks tend to interpret what is said, putting more weight on the tone, rather than the actual spoken words.....pet owners know this all too well.

The tone of your voice is also the quickest signal to someone that you may be lying.

#34     Sep 12, 2011
  5. Being in a customer-service oriented work, this is actually very good advice. It's easier to say "you're f*cked" in a friendly and empathetic tone than in a rational and realistic tone.

#35     Sep 13, 2011
  6. iprph90

iprph90

When staying at a hotel, thoroughly disinfect the remote control......the wife's cotton swab make-up remover with rubbing alcohol usually does the trick...this advice goes for all classes of hotels.

#36     Sep 13, 2011
  7. Great post! :)

#37     Sep 13, 2011
  8. iprph90

iprph90

A few years back, I was listening to an exercise physiologist on a talk radio show, and heard this very simple and now proven advice which I still follow today:

All you need is 12 minutes of aerobic exercise at least 3 times a week at your target heart rate to vastly improve cardiovascular health in addition to having very beneficial effects on diabetes and hypertension. Allow 3 min warm-up and 3 min cool down.

THR=220-AGE X .7 & .8=RANGE

If you cannot achieve this range right away, fret not....just keep it up.

Time is not an excuse anymore.

#38     Sep 13, 2011
  9. Walk more, use the stairs, no need to drive to your mailbox anymore! LOL

#39     Sep 13, 2011
  10. Cassie

Cassie