Share your life's best lessons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iprph90, Sep 8, 2011.

1. iprph90

iprph90

....some deep stuff.

#21     Sep 9, 2011
  2. Always check there is adequate toilet paper "before" you go.

#22     Sep 10, 2011
  3. If I wanted something; I had to do something. Mow the lawn, cut firewood, something. I used to hate my Dad for that stuff when I was around that age; but being older, I'm very grateful he made me earn what I wanted.

#23     Sep 10, 2011
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

Use everything in life with moderation. 3 cigarettes a day won't kill you, neither will 3 coffees. Same with drinking or hamburgers....

#24     Sep 10, 2011
  5. iprph90

iprph90

I would like to connect this with my earlier comments about not being cynical about humanity:

In the event that you are in a life or death situation; whether it is a plane crash or car accident or just another run of the mill trampling at a European soccer match.....you never really know who will come to your rescue, moreover, will you be willing to save someone's life risking your own?

So the next time you board that airplane and stare down some suspicious character or admire the thousand dollar suit on a gentleman in first class, bear in mind, that at that moment you have very little instinctive information other than your preconceived notions to make an accurate judgment on who will truly help you.

#25     Sep 10, 2011

6. Yeah, but there was this time I offered assistance at a car crash, family had run off the road somehow. Driver had a busted arm, turned out to be a cop; but hoo-ee, didn't he crack the shits when I offered him a hit of whiskey from my hip flask! 60 years ago, it would have been the gentlemanly thing to do.

Always take plenty of time buying footwear; your feet are really darned important to think "these will do" on the spur of the moment.

#26     Sep 11, 2011
  7. heres the thing, when some guy with a turbin is staring at me on an airplane, its most likely he has something inside his turban , a sharp object or something he can utilize on other people.

why wouldn't I be suspicious?

#27     Sep 11, 2011
  8. iprph90

iprph90

Please quote me where I said you don't have to be suspicious. I don't want to belabor this, the point is keep an open mind. Most of the time we are victims of our own prejudices. I personally want to rise above that, as hard as it may be.

#28     Sep 11, 2011
  9. Before hitting the send button on a company wide e-mail where you have just spelled out how f'n stupid you think the new policy is, you may want to consider putting that e-mail in a draft status, sleep on it and re-evaluate your position on the subject the next day. :eek:

#29     Sep 11, 2011
  10. Never "drunk-post" on forums or any on medium that saves what you said.

#30     Sep 12, 2011