Share Bloomberg Terminal Fees

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by philipatt, Jan 23, 2008.

1. You could just put a market stop above and below the market before the figure comes out and hope you don't get whipped.

#21     Nov 18, 2011
  2. JamesJ

JamesJ

definitely highly illegal

I use bloomberg, and it's 1900$ / month, with a 2 year minimum contract and half price buy-out if you want to step back from the contract.

It's definitely not allowed to share a terminal...
    The software is fixed to a computer or to a keyboard/fingerprint in the bloomberg anywhere solution. And I guess they have some sort of surveillance running in the background to detect possible sharing, vnc servers and so on...

I use my bloomberg terminal occassionally away as well through remote access and it works, but i really would be surprised if they didnt have any short of precaution to prevent this sort of behaviour in a big scale...

#22     Nov 18, 2011
    apdxyk likes this.
  3. themickey

themickey

If this action is illegal, your first mistake was advertising your intentions over the internet and the second mistake is taking on guys who you don't know who may well dob you in.
    How do you not know one of your subscribers isn't to be a Bloomberg employee or a cop or lawyer etc?

#23     Nov 18, 2011
  4. JamesJ

JamesJ

as far as news trading is concerned,

in my experience this is close to impossible, there are always other guys faster than you and till you react (w/o algos) reading the news, making your conclusion, the market or say the algorithms already moved significant...
    But it's a very useful tools just as a source of fast and reliable news... say you see stock xy moving big, then you check bloomberg and you immediately know what's going on and may draw your conclusion.
    Or i also use it as a watchlist, where it shows pretty nice the news "heat" and so on ... with customizable alerts.

Or with the daily chit chat you get kind of a feeling for the market... or at least you think you do ;)

Most free news services are just those 5 minutes too late, in which you sit there and think, wtf is going on...

#24     Nov 18, 2011
  5. mcarrigan

mcarrigan

I'm willing to go in with a group.

#25     Nov 12, 2012
  6. I prefer to save the $25k per year.

#26     Nov 15, 2012
  7. this topic has been debated multiple times here at ET and elsewhere so in the interest of saving everyone time, money and potential litigation - do NOT pursue sharing of bbg terminals! you don't think bbg hasn't thought about people doing this and have found ways to catch/go after them? bottom line if you absolutely need bbg then pay the money, if not (almost all independent traders don't need it) then use other resources that are more than adequate for your specific market.

#27     Nov 16, 2012
  8. zdreg

zdreg

it is interesting the number of replies, "i am in" by posters with less than 10 posts. they actually have very little lose. more interesting, but not surprising, is how unfamiliar the OP is with the situation

perhaps this thread is a sting operation. be careful [​IMG]

#28     Nov 16, 2012
  9. A Bloomberg terminal will not help you with your trading if you can't afford a terminal IMO.

Just make money and buy your own if you really want one.

#29     Nov 16, 2012
  10. bone

bone

The last time I personally had a Bloomberg Professional Terminal was in 2008. Bloomberg has a very sophisticated security tracking system in terms of ECN access. The terminal I had used a custom keyboard, and remote login was a very laborious process as I recall.

The contract is very long and very prescriptive, and they pursue litigation with great zeal. Whomever would be stupid and suicidal enough to sign that contract and then share it with others who did not sign the contract might be considered emotionally unstable.

#30     Nov 16, 2012