Share a keyboard and mouse without sharing the monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isaac000, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Still no luck, hmm? I put in the correct IP addresss of the Synergy server and still no luck. I have done a ping test from one comp. to the other and back and the can see each other so I am stumped. :confused:

#71     Mar 22, 2007
  2. C99

C99

Some suggestions-

I wouldn't use IP addresses. Most home networks get dynamic addresses and using the IP will cause problems when the address changes. I just use the windows computer name. I've also never pinged, tested ports, or done anything else from the command line to get it working.

Make sure you set up the computer that will be the server first. Under the "share this computer's keyboard and mouse" in synergy, click configure. In the Screens box, you need to add the names of the other computers that will connect. Also configure where the screens are in relation to each other. In this section, you need to explicitly set up the relations in both directions- i.e. 1 is right of 2, 2 is left of 1.

Start synergy on the server computer. It needs to be running for the other computers to connect.

And if you have windows firewall enabled, maybe try excluding synergy.

Sorry if some of this is basic, but synergy usually sets up and works easily. So it leads me to believe you don't have a big problem but are just skipping a minor step along the way.

#72     Mar 23, 2007