Share a keyboard and mouse without sharing the monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isaac000, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Maybe you should put your network back to "normal" with no KVM switches? Multiple computers connected to a single router should "just work" in my experience.

#51     Mar 21, 2007
  2. OK so how do I use 1 keyboard and mouse then for 2 CPU's?:confused:

#52     Mar 21, 2007
  3. Now you have me confused.

Synergy will allow you to use one keyboard/mouse over as many computers as you want as long as they are all connected together on a common network.

It's all accomplished with software.

Am I not understanding what you want?

#53     Mar 21, 2007
  4. I have a total of four computers and two networks...I cannot link the networks or I would risk my internet side to mingle with my trading side...

#54     Mar 21, 2007
  5. I have a total of four computers and two networks...I cannot link the networks or I would risk my internet side to mingle with my trading side...

But Synergy would be my choice...

QUOTE]Quote from GTS:

Not sure what you mean by "it uses one router", it doesnt use (need) any routers but in your config you would have to permit the traffic through both routers (punch holes in your firewalls or port forward in the routers) which wouldnt be the most secure setup.

According to the FAQ the traffic isnt encrypted so they dont recommend using it across the internet which is effectively what you would have to do.
    [/QUOTE]

#55     Mar 21, 2007
  6. You could still use Synergy where you have more than one computer on a network. You just couldn't run all of them from one common keyboard.

[/QUOTE]

#56     Mar 21, 2007
  7. Yes I know...

[/B][/QUOTE]

#57     Mar 21, 2007
  8. You missed my earlier post. I spent an hour trying to get Synergy to work a couple of weeks ago, no luck. Maybe I will give it another go. Maybe you or GTS can answer a question if I get hung up?

#58     Mar 21, 2007
  9. I do recall that. That's why I suggested you put your network back to "normal" and try again.

Sure, you can PM me with questions.

#59     Mar 21, 2007
  10. C99

C99

I've set up synergy a few times now without any troubles. Are your computers setup to share files and printers? Do they all show up in (depending on OS) network neighborhood or network places>view worgroup computers? This is usually all the set-up you need. If you can double click another computer and see its shared resources there you should be good to go. Then install synergy on all computers, pick one as the server and follow the instructions. I don't mind helping too if you need it.

#60     Mar 22, 2007