Share a keyboard and mouse without sharing the monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by isaac000, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Schaefer

Schaefer

Okay, could be an issue with the USB port, another easy work around is to get adapters for USB to PS2, use 'em on the keyboard, and mouse, get the PS2 KVM, and it should eliminate the "new hardware found" problem.

#41     Mar 20, 2007
  2. Thanks. I actually did similar and had the same problem. The Belkin I returned was usb so I used the usb keyboard and mouse for both, and I had the issue even with the one that uses usb native?:(

I appreciate the suggestion though. I will try another as long as the return policy is good.

#42     Mar 20, 2007
  3. Catoosa

Catoosa

For my KVM needs I use the Aten master view pro 8 and 16 port models and the switching is faster than I can blink. It does require a cord type PS2 mouse.

#43     Mar 21, 2007
  4. I wish synergy worked between two routers...

#44     Mar 21, 2007
  5. Wow, for that money it better work good. :D That's what I just payed for my new Dell CPU.

Seriously, I am glad it worked good for you. I am going to try to find a 4 port from tigerdirect from about $60 and see if that works.

#45     Mar 21, 2007
  6. GTS

GTS

Why wouldn't it? Are you saying the protocol that it uses doesn't route?

#46     Mar 21, 2007
  7. I do not have a dual wan router..

I have two routes and two puters' and two ISP's...I think it uses one router doesn't it?

The two puters' have nothing connecting them...and I would be concerned about sharing virus's on the network...

#47     Mar 21, 2007
  8. GTS

GTS

Not sure what you mean by "it uses one router", it doesnt use (need) any routers but in your config you would have to permit the traffic through both routers (punch holes in your firewalls or port forward in the routers) which wouldnt be the most secure setup.

According to the FAQ the traffic isnt encrypted so they dont recommend using it across the internet which is effectively what you would have to do.

#48     Mar 21, 2007
  9. I have 2 ISP's, 2 routers and 2 PC's, each PC connected to both routers. Synergy works fine.

#49     Mar 21, 2007
  10. Maybe I will have to give Synergy another go. I found A D link that should switch in 1-2 seconds, per their tech support, but it only takes PS2, so I have to get adapters.

#50     Mar 21, 2007