SHAME, GUILT, THE MUSLIM PSYCHE, AND THE DANISH CARTOONS

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TGregg, Feb 6, 2006.

1. People protested about their tax dollars being used to fund that kind of garbage. And the art and culture community, addicted to public subsidies, whined that they were being censored.

At least now they can see what the real thing looks like.

#11     Feb 8, 2006
  2. Where does Canada fit into all of the hate? I know that alot of Americans don't like Canadians, but how about the muslim hate machine?

:)

#12     Feb 8, 2006
  3. Canada doesn't openly appease muslims (that I know of) but eventually the gov't will do something to cause a temper tantrum. If it can happen in France it can happen anywhere that the immigration policy is non- existant.

#13     Feb 8, 2006
  4. Ah yes Dr. Sanity time on the site. I wonder if he'll give us a good spin as to what the US is doing in Iraq since the "freedom and democracy shtick" isn't quite working as well as finding a) WMD's b) nuclear weapons and c) al qeada ties Saddam. Maybe reality will miraculously show up on channel 1 on the tv sets of the those who need to be told through their foxnews programs what to think.

As for the cartoon thing, oh my, freedom of the press does not give one the right to degrade a religion.

[​IMG]

Then again the Christians love it.

[​IMG]

#14     Feb 8, 2006
  5. :) Saw this one today and like it...

• 1.gif
      File size:
      21.4 KB
      Views:
    #15     Feb 8, 2006
  6. Yes it does. And since when is a simple cartoon that makes an accurate link between islam and terrorism degrading a religion? Muslims can conduct themselves any way they want, as long as they obey the laws of their host country, but they can't force the rest of us to live under sharia law, which is what this is all about.

#16     Feb 8, 2006
  7. traderob

traderob

great article. The saddest thing about this cartoon episode is the leftwing apologists - yes the same ones who are the quickest to condemn any trivial western problem- supporting the Islamic reaction. They will be the first to hang once Islam succeeds in its ambitions, but somehow their dreamworld is so complete that this fact goes unrecognised.

BTW does anyone remember how much rioting and protests happened in Islamic countries after the Taleban blew up those ancient buddhist statues in Bamiyam. This cartoon protest is justified because Islam just wants respect for religion, right?

#17     Feb 9, 2006
  8. cmaxb

cmaxb

The more Islam tries to cover up their women, the more they (muslims) are exposed.

#18     Feb 9, 2006
  9. "BTW does anyone remember how much rioting and protests happened in Islamic countries after the Taleban blew up those ancient buddhist statues in Bamiyam. This cartoon protest is justified because Islam just wants respect for religion, right? "

If i recall, stuff all really. Well put.
    The thing is, you can protest all you want, but unless its violent and explosive, that veiwpoint wont be covered by the media as a rule, gets less airtime, and wont be as ingrained on viewers.
    This is where islam wins, they get the coverage, any publicity is good publicity, squeaky wheel gets the oil etc. Its all about "good footage", not news, you know that.
    It doesnt actually matter a hoot how justified a position might be, what matters is whether or not something can be made an "issue" , so more papers can be sold, more politicians asked for their pointless, evasive sound bites, and the public left in the dark generally.

News always was dubious and corrupt in nature, but its now reality television/infotainment exclusively.

#19     Feb 9, 2006
  10. TGregg

TGregg

#20     Feb 9, 2006