Shall we choose a portfolio???????????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by vcir, Aug 4, 2003.

1. vcir

vcir

Very simply... I've been having this conversation with traders from all over the world.

How do you pick the stocks that make part of your portfolio, meaning which stocks do you follow on a regular basis?

Thanks in advance, hopefully we will all get new ideas from this thread...

Victor

2. Stocks that deviate well from their major moving averages.

3. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

I used to read Investor's Business Daily to get some ideas of companies that would be good to follow. I got a lot of good ideas out of that newspaper. INVN, KKD, BUD, BRK.b, SHOO, TMTA, BID, TIF, EBAY, ENE (one bodacious dead cat bounce) and a lot more I can't remember.
    Now these are not current whatsoever. Now I follow NQ for simplicity, and cast a hairy eyball on MSFT every morning, Done that for the past 2 years.

4. So basically you want to create a wholesome portfolio of socks picked by the ET community?

Interesting...

A losing portfolio, but still interesting...

TM Trader

5. sempai

sempai

I use a modified version of the CANSLIM method, along with some basic T/A to find stocks for long term positions (several months or more).

6. Aww c'mon TM...have some faith in the Elite Traders :D

-FastTrader

7. are you sure you are not my doppelganger ?

:D

8. LOL, I had to look that one up. Have you read jjordan's posts. He's either your alias or another doppelganger.

Btw, nice call on that EBAY short at 108+.

9. thanks, long. no, i have not heard of jjordon and he is not i. i will check him out.

surfer d.

:cool:

10. Each morning, I run a scan that attempts to mimic the criteria used by Benjamin Graham in his book - The Intelligent Investor. In the last 30 days, running the scan each morning has resulted in the appearance of only three companies:

MDC, PHM, and SPF

Although these three companies remain highly overvalued by Graham's Standards, they often exhibit quality movement relative to their moving averages. By example, Monday, these Stocks had a price improvement of 1.9%, 1.5% and 1.6% respectively.

Of course, your mileage may vary.

#10     Aug 4, 2003