ShadowTraders.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JRMaynard, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Think or Swim is shadowtrader . net

This thread is about shadowtraders . com

#51     Apr 27, 2010
  2. I would not say that shadowtrader.net is a fake company. They were bought by TOS which was bought by TD Ameritrade. It is interesting to take a look at the US Govt Trademark site to see that the name Shadowtraders in connection with the industry has the intellectual property. This does not reflect very well on the management of shadowtrader.net.

#52     May 17, 2010
  3. I just sat through the webinar and lost an hour of my life... most of the time you do get *one* little tidbit of information that is worthwhile but I have to say that this was not the case today.

"So and so made 80 ticks in 8 seconds..." what a load of garbage. When asked about risk/reward she still dodges the question but it is rather hard to believe that you can do 80 ticks off a 5m chart with very little capital.

Reading this thread is funny and what amazes me is that not much apparently has changed although now I heard "Fractals and Momentum" over and over.

On a serious note, PLEASE make sure to distinguish the difference between Barbara Cohen and Shadowtrader.com and Peter Reznicek at Shadowtrader.net as there is a HUGE difference between them. Shadowtrader.Net is absolutely legit and does NOT make the outlandish claims that Barbara does.

#53     Jun 3, 2010
    JackJ likes this.
  4. joe4422

joe4422

I don't know why people feel they can learn anything at all from a failed trader. Same as the Fibonnaci queen women. She doesn't even give live calls now, just suggestions. When they work she says, oh they worked, and when they don't she says, you've got to find your own trigger method.

My point is don't waste your time watching the free videos either, she has no knowledge what so ever worth learning. Why do you want to learn the things that devleoped a loser?

#54     Jun 3, 2010
  5. Looks like someone has either changed or gone out of business.
    Here is what shadowtrader.com brings up :

Shadowtrader.Com What you need, when you need it

June 7, 2010 | Inquire about this domain
    Bookmark this pageMake this your homepage

Best,
    Max

#55     Jun 7, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

Looks like the domain's for sale.

Looks like Bright Trading has shut down too.

Not enough fools around with money these days.

#56     Jun 7, 2010
  7. Read the title of this thread (with domain name included) and see if you can spot your mistake. They look to be still in business (unfortunately).

Also, Bright Trading is not out of business... their website was down this morning.

#57     Jun 8, 2010
  8. My bad brocklanders about shadowtrader.com,its shadowtraders.com and unfortunately it looks to be in business.

Crappy and testimonials on first page itself of that site - the usual hallmark of snake oil folks:D

Best,
    Max

#58     Jun 8, 2010
  9. no worries, I almost didn't say anything because no sense in repeating the correct webpage for anyone else to find!

#59     Jun 8, 2010
  10. cloudy

cloudy

Looks like this thread is old. But thankfully I found it. I watched one of the webinars on shadowtraders.com ; I was totally fooled at first. The indicator looked like it gave a definite arrow when it went down. And the video was cropped so you couldn't see side details like time/date etc. Yet there was a little box in the corner which looked pasted that said s&p500 something. She kept saying wait folks, not yet, not yet, be patient...then the price bar dropped for 5 pts, then overall 13 pts. Then I came here. Now come to think of it, someone could have done a playback and staged that whole thing or do a "live webinar" and record setups until finding a good one. With no set stop loss strategy, it reminded me of another trading webinar where one time a month ago the instructor said I'll put my stop there, then the next month's webinar, when asked said I don't really put a stop, just a mental one. Anyways glad I was warned from yet another snake oil vendor.

#60     Jul 28, 2011