ShadowTraders.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JRMaynard, Mar 18, 2008.

1. jswincer

jswincer

I attended her free webinar last night and I was distinctly underwhelmed! The woman sounded like she was on medication. She ummed and ahhed trying to figure out her own trade examples. Eventually she communicated clearly enough for questions to be raised.
    Specifically, when Barbara quoted her 85% win rate, with a target of 1.5 pips, someone asked her how wide her stops were. She didn't know that off the top of her head either, but after some more umming and ahhing she came out with 4.5 tics. It was suggested that an 85% win rate was not as good as it sounds when your risk:reward ratio is 1:3. Well, poor old Barbara was stumped. She simply could not understand what the guy was saying, became totally defensive and ranted 'I have no idea what you are saying' over and over again.
    She came across as was totally unprofessional. I would not ShadowTraders with a bargepole.

#41     Apr 22, 2008
  2. magisana

magisana

I am so glad that I found this thread. All the talk of her geometry fractals, blah blah blah, just looks like a bunch of trendlines that anyone can draw with some practice. I am not entirely conviced with this softare that she is peddling also. I also found in the webinar when I asked her certain questions she was to busy to respond and so I emailed her and haven't heard back either.
    Another interesting thing is that during the presentation her Head trader interupted the webinar to let everyone know that the course was selling out fast, I just felt like there was this extra push to convince people to buy without giving them time to research what they've just heard.

#42     Apr 22, 2010
  3. joe4422

joe4422

My biggest question would be that if she knew what the markets were doing, why would she target only 2 ticks? Why not target 3 points? Or get really wild with her market mastering software and target 10 points?

#43     Apr 22, 2010
  4. Mark2m

Mark2m

I also heard the dog and pony show yesterday. What was surprising is my invitation came from SFO, and normally most readers don't need Futures101 for the first 1/2 hour since they are quite atuned to Futures. Secondly, disappointed with the tacit approval of Ninja, since I have Ninja and have found them to be a first class outfit and they don't need this kind of negative publicity.
    Possibly absent a minute, but didn't recall discussions on drawdowns, stops, how their fractals work on every conceivable future market and all times. No discussions on strategies via Ninja, just need to know that once I spend $1K with them I will be set for life.
    What a joke, I have attended more free dog and ponies in my life and dissapointed that I did not win a T-Shirt, DVD, or 50% off today and only today coupon.
    Can't wait for them to contact me for an update or solicitation to Join shadowstrader.

#44     Apr 22, 2010
  5. magisana

magisana

I am feeling extremely disheartened with all of this. Can anyone recommend a reputable educator of the trading futures. I am so sick of all these constant snake oil firms. I have tried TI before and was ripped off with them.... ( don't even get me started). I am currently trading the Spot Forex but I have to admit that since I did see this webinar I was intriged about trading the forex pair in the futures market. Does anyone have any experience with trading Forex Futures that they could give me some advice?

#45     Apr 22, 2010
  6. joe4422

joe4422

You need to give up on learning how to trade by finding websites you can pay.

It's really, really simple. If you had some system that worked, you would be a very, very rich person. If you didn't have enough money to trade for yourself, you could walk into Goldman and get a job if it was really that good.

The top oil trader at Citibank got a 100 million dollar pay check last year. Do you think he's going to make a website? Do you think he's going to write a book? For 10 million dollars, he will not mentor you. For 100 million dollars he might consider it. So anyone willing to mentor you for 999.99 is a complete snake oil salesman.

If you want to succeed you'll have to do some work. Pull up a dang historical chart and go through the last 6 years. Study it over and over and over again. And then study it more. Trade it. Over and over and over and over again.

Then you can either fail and so develop your own snake oil system and make a website and try to sell it, or if you don't give up, you could find yourself at the beginning of your road to success.

#46     Apr 23, 2010
  7. I checked out their stuff to see it had changed in 3 years. I asked Barbara why she was selling her method and she said brokers had asked her to help out the down and out in these troubled econ times. :p :D I almost spit my drank out and hung up. As mentioned they risk 14 ticks to make a couple.

#47     Apr 24, 2010
  8. joe4422

joe4422

The amount of bull shit in this industry is just unbelievable.

#48     Apr 27, 2010
  9. she's not affiliated with TOS (that I know of). This is a different website than their shadowtrader . net. The name similarity is confusing to most people until they read about what this one is about. This one is shadowtraders . com

#49     Apr 27, 2010
  10. oh, there are 2 shadowtrader(s), so which one we talking about on this thread? TOS has which one? kind of confused.

#50     Apr 27, 2010