ShadowTraders.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JRMaynard, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Thanks for the update 5P, glad to have you back around.

Yeah I saw that nice big juicy drop there as I was finishing the post :D ... but the market will hold these levels and rise into the close.

Good trading

#31     Mar 19, 2008
  2. ZBEAR

ZBEAR

JR,

The way you responded to this woman was superb.....
    Verrrrrrry well thought out.....

Kudo's to you sir.

#32     Mar 19, 2008
  3. I like the ATW guys, Austin P, and balancetrader for Ninja partners, the rest I don't care for but that's just me. I have learned good things from all the above, and no I don't receive a kickback. :)

#33     Mar 19, 2008
  4. <i>"If you use a technique of scaling into a trend market this method can do phenomenally well ... extremely well from a risk:reward stand point ... but you have to be really good at the game, I'm not good enough to do this consistently, not yet at least."</i>

It also takes the right market to make that tactic work.

Today I was short ER 688.50 and 686.50 once initial trade had stop pulled to 688.50 par. The only thing at risk was normal size capital loss AND unrealized gain from first leg short.

Market worked down to the gap fill, covered at 682.50 and out. Blended average on 2x size was 87.50 or equivalent of +10pts gain on normal size.

Afterwards, price action came back up all the way to 86.50, rolled over and chugged lower. There were other sell signals thru the day, but each one went no more than 4pts ~ 5pts before a big retrace.

That's a pattern difference between recent tapes and years' past. Before we would see an initial break lower, flagging = coiling sideways, break lower, retrace - coiling and then break lower or back upward.

Now we see consolidate, drop, retrace, sideways churn, drop, drop, retrace, drop, drop, retrace, drop and strong bounce. The tapes chug lower or higher most of the time, except for fueled ramps like two recent 400pt Dow squeezes.

Trying to average up = pyramid into bouncy markets results in too many stopouts of the whole position. Better to just enter in one spot, ride it out to exit and await next signal. The trend days still rise or fall from A to B, but the path traversed is much different than it used to be.

I'd imagine the various counter-trend bots are shoving tapes backwards all day long. Much more staccato now than ever before, which makes building a pyramid scale really tough. Never know when it's a pullback with trend or v-reversal flying in your face.

Quieter volatility makes higher leverage and pyramiding somewhat safer, if that's the right word. High volatility is a slam-bam game.

Same symbols, subtle to dramatically different behavior. Pity the people who try to scalp for ticks inside these rangy bars now.

#34     Mar 19, 2008
  5. You called it right on on that one 5Pillars.

I was confident given yesterday's breakout (which held) and meteoric rise that support would come and rally into the close today.

The volume/price action combo was severely in the red, so I didn't trade it, but I've seen it pullback and retrace "a million times before" off of support so I (and probably quite a few others) expected the same thing today.

The fact that it didn't and kept free falling (despite support trying to come in not once, but twice) speaks volumes for the current condition of the US financial markets (life support, anyone?). :D

#35     Mar 19, 2008
  6. ZBEAR,

Thank you for the kind words, hopefully it will help someone in the beginning stages. Unless of course, I am completely wrong, and Barbara comes on here and proves I am a worthless idiot.

Take care and good trading to you,

JR

#36     Mar 20, 2008
  7. Allen,

Good stuff, certainly not a bad anology. I can speak from experience on that one.

Best,

JR

#37     Mar 20, 2008
  8. Brocklanders,

You oughta attend one of these webinars. This woman has an incredible ego, I don't know how her neck isn't broken. Just ask her, She KNOWS what the market is doing all the time with her super wammadyne 2000 fundamental indicators and pivots....but of course you can only get these on a need to know basis. She also doesn't want to trade any more than the couple of hours in the morning because she gets cocky due to her being an incredible baddass. Wonder if her Kospi "nite trading" is her retirement plan. Get a bunch of lambs to dump savings into some account established under her corporation and then just roll out to Jamaica or something with all the money. Who knows, not my problem....probably gonna give this one a rest..no longer entertaining or worth the time.

Best to you bud,

JR

#38     Mar 20, 2008
  9. Yeah, I think this thread will help people who are looking into that type of deal. I doubt that she or anyone with that company will come on here to explain. That would probably shine too much light on their "proprietary trading solutions". The silence is deafening however especially since you sent them the link yesterday. Good luck to you.

#39     Mar 20, 2008
  10. Damn this thread was awesome. ha ha

Holy shit that was perfect. LOLOL

#40     Mar 26, 2008