ShadowTraders.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JRMaynard, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Google ads--they are taking over the world. You can't go anywhere and not have them in your face.

#11     Mar 18, 2008
  2. I don't know but I first heard of them several months ago when a friend told me he was looking into one of their seminars. He found them through Ninja Trader I think.

I asked him about the price of the seminar and their trade style and told him to pass because I suspected it was scalping with large position sizes for a few ticks. He was new to futures and I warned him that style would be disaster for him. Looks like I wasn't too far off judging from the email exchange.

#12     Mar 18, 2008
  3. LOLOL Mandlebrot :p

Nice emails JMAYNARD, you're obviously an intelligent guy.

#13     Mar 18, 2008
  4. As I have said a number of times Ninja Trader really lets itself down by promoting all these crap vendors who sail in on their coat tails it is very disappointing.

#14     Mar 18, 2008
  5. Yeah, I know.

Thing is, NinjaTrader is a great piece of software and they really jump through hoops trying to please everyone and be everything (their charting is fantastic at this point, I'm going to be doing some work to see if I can totally convert over to them).

Just goes to show you, ultimately this game is all about the almighty dolla.

#15     Mar 18, 2008
  6. They troll quality vendors like NT and use them to give themselves a degree of credabilty they wouldnt have otherwise. It is downright despicable if you ask me. These newbies come a firm like NT who are for the most honest and get duped by the third party presentation. These same people probably wouldnt spend as much replying to an ad in S&C and the vendors know this the scum bags.

I have emailed NT about this basically saying you lie with dogs you get fleas they dont respond though

#16     Mar 18, 2008
  7. I certainly don't understand this..."shadow trader" is part of "thinkorswim" and TOS requires $4500 of margin per 1 ES contract so for 15 ES contracts you would need a minimum of $67500?????

hummmmm

#17     Mar 18, 2008

8. Mate what they are referring to above is a website group google it you will find them or go the the Ninja Trader site and look up 3rd party vendors. Also if you read the previous posts properly that will be obvious as well.

#18     Mar 18, 2008
  9. Reread the thread BustaRimes wooohaaa!

#19     Mar 18, 2008
  10. JRMaynard, you've acquitted yourself with honour. As I see it they maintain you (and I) don't understand the market - fair enough. We are shortsighted and only want to buy rises and sell falls with the safety of a stop loss... because we (unlike them) know we don't understand the market and are fallible.

I may not understand the market, but I understand the smell and sound of snake oil vendors. My stunted math abilities leave me agog at the whole proposal from position sizing to risk management. Little wonder there's such an utter a lack of transparency when this idiotic approach is guaranteed to end up in a wipeout.

Hopefully some lambs to the slaughter will be turned back.

#20     Mar 18, 2008