SFG Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by shneed, Jun 16, 2010.

1. shneed

shneed

Anyone trading through SFG Trading? Any input greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Logic

Logic

I'm interesting in knowing more about these guys as well. I've talked with them a bit for automated systems trading, and they seem to offer a pretty good deal.

I don't know anything about their street reputation though.

3. pharpin

pharpin

Anyone trading with SFG Trading too?
    Thanks

4. BUND_55

BUND_55

SFG is a a good research firm but they are very secretive. I came to Canada not too long ago and they did not want to receive me a the office even though i spent thousands of dollars doing research with them. Instead we met for drinks ( on them ;)
    I have an account with them to trade LSE as they have very good fees . I thing they are a reliable prop and from what they say and what i heard they have been around for a while now .

5. pharpin

pharpin

I wanted to go at their office today but I couldn't find the address nowhere!!! so you're right Bund: they are as secretive as the Bilderberg group
    Yes me too I think they are reliable (after talking on the phone)

6. I am currently talking to them and I don't know what to think. I am looking for info, experiences about them and anything else I can find out that will help me make an informed decision about working with them. Anyone ever give them money and then get it back? Did you have to fight for it or did they just comply with your request? Any shenanigans with the trading? Any push to get you to spend money on extras or hidden things?

If you're with them now, what's your experience like? I don't care if your profitable... but that helps, I'm more concerned with how they do things.

Thanks,
    Chris.

7. think10

think10

If anyone has done business with these guys please share your experience.

8. Logic

Logic

I was going through the steps to set up an account with these guys.

Before I actually deposited my capital, however, my point of contact left the firm. He recommended against opening an account with these guys. According to him, there's been a relatively large shakeup within the company and a good number of the engineers have left.

I'm not in Canada so I can't verify it with my own eyes, but if you go with these guys proceed with caution.

9. octsa

octsa

I have done research among active traders in Montreal we think that SFG is related to WTS.

Their business place is just 300 Feet away from WTS trading Montreal.

SFG Trading Services:
    194 Rue St-Paul West, Suite 406
    Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    H2Y 1Z8

WTS, LLC,
    212 RUE DU SAINT SACREMENT, SUITE 100
    MONTREAL, QUEBEC, CANADA H2Y 1W8

Googlemap: http://g.co/maps/c7v84

Any remarks ?

10. HTmarket

HTmarket

SFG TRADING SERVICES