SFD linked to Swine Flu

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by cgtrader, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Are you serious? You actually support the commercial livestock methods?

Sick fuck.

#11     Apr 27, 2009
  2. Baudot

Baudot

I woke up this morning thinking... "Swine flu...this sounds familiar"

Alas... this is old hat...

http://www.capitalcentury.com/1976.html

Quote from web page...
    Does America mobilize for mass inoculations in time to have everybody ready for the next flu season? Or should the country wait to see if the new virus would, as they often do, get stronger to hit harder in the second year?

Thus was born what would become known to some medical historians as a fiasco and to others as perhaps the finest hour of America's public health bureaucracy.

Only young Lewis died from the swine flu itself in 1976. But as the critics are quick to point out, hundreds of Americans were killed or seriously injured by the inoculation the government gave them to stave off the virus.

So far, no one from a country with a quality health care system and clean water has died yet. Nonetheless, the media is in a tither because Mexicans are dying.

Mexico is well known for having poor water quality.

So far I see no reason to be alarmed.

Still... it could cause the markets to trip for a bit since most investors have the insight of sheep.

Eric

#12     Apr 27, 2009
  3. If anybody else got caught long pigs raise their hand!

#13     Apr 27, 2009
  4. Don't you mean "raise your cloven foot?"

I feel so blessed. I mean, really. First, when the economic crisis happened, I had the distinct pleasure of watching all of ET's Nobel Prize winning economists tell me why it was happening, what was wrong with the political system and who was to blame.

Now, with the new Swine Flu, I get to see all the ET geneticists and virologists first hand, as they come to tell us what to worry about, how the disease is contracted and all about the genome of the virus strain itself.

This site rocks!

#14     Apr 27, 2009
  5. they are in very bad shape per se

#15     Apr 27, 2009
  6. NYC212

NYC212

should the southwest states be worried?

but on the news there are more cases in NY actually

#16     Apr 27, 2009
  7. ipatent

ipatent

<h1 class="heading"><a href="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article6182789.ece">Mexico outbreak traced to 'manure lagoons' at pig farm</a></h1>
    <p>Residents of La Gloria have long complained about the clouds of flies that are drawn the so-called &ldquo;manure lagoons&rdquo; created by such mega-farms, known in the agriculture business as Confined Animal Feeding Operations (CAFOs). <!--#include file="m63-article-related-attachements.html"--><!-- BEGIN: Module - M63 - Article Related Attachements -->
    <script type="text/javascript"><!--
    function pictureGalleryPopup(pubUrl,articleId) {
    var newWin = window.open(pubUrl+'template/2.0-0/element/pictureGalleryPopup.jsp?id='+articleId+'&&offset=0&&sectionName=Health','mywindow','menubar=0,resizable=0,width=1000,height=711');
    }
    //--></script>
    <!-- BEGIN: Comment Teaser Module --></p>
    <!-- END: Module - M63 - Article Related Attachements --><!-- Call Wide Article Attachment Module --><!--TEMPLATE:call file="wideArticleAttachment.jsp" /-->
    <p>It is now known that there was a widespread outbreak of a powerful respiratory disease in the La Gloria area earlier this month, with some of the town&rsquo;s residents falling ill in February. Health workers soon intervened, sealing off the town and spraying chemicals to kill the flies that were reportedly swarming through people&rsquo;s homes.</p>

#17     Apr 29, 2009
  8. ehorn

ehorn

My question is why are the airliners allowing pigs, humans and birds to take international flights together? I guess they will sell seats to anyone...

I blame the airline industry!

#18     Apr 29, 2009
  9. Swine Flu is very bullish for this market

#19     Apr 29, 2009