SEYKOTA's method?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by billpritjr, May 18, 2003.

1. If you are an EE from MIT, you do talk about formations. Ed grew up in the vaccuum tube era that was then supplanted by the transistor. One is a voltage analogue the other is a current analogue. Well Ed had his share of graphic analysis where he had to deal with two variables (voltage and current) no matter which one contained the signal.

If price is where you make money and thereare formations for makiong money, what could be better than making money looking at both variables to see how they work together.

#51     May 27, 2003
  2. Jack.. I still dont understand what the hell you are talking about...

You seem as if you are trying to pick Ed's brains...

At the end.. the guy probably used something like a simple moving average crossover.. and held positions for many years using heavy leverage... thats the secret to his success...

He experienced wild drawdowns.. but sat through it all..

I usually just ignore jack's ramblings most of the time...

--MIKE

#52     May 27, 2003
  3. I think Ed just did that. He can look at EOD data because he is making money on a frequency that works for him.

I'm looking at HOV, SIE ISIL and KMX today. I own them in multiples of 500 and 1000's. I look at price and volume on a fractal. (30 min for me, EOD for ED). I also watch MACD (5, 13, 6) bob, bob, bobbing along). Heart beat thing for me.

Ed makes 400% on HOV watching it goe from 10 to 40. I make a bunch too but I trade it more frequently. ETC..

#53     May 27, 2003
  4. Jack,

I agree that Ed's probably not using MAs. I've noticed you use the term fractal a lot, but I'm unclear on the context you're using it in.

When you say "He isn't using indicators, just price and volume and a fractal that he goes to to see whats up by zooming in after hours", do you mean that he's literally identifying a fractal formation in price, ie one pattern existing simultaneously in different timeframes?

Thanks,
    Sean

Fractal: any of various extremely irregular curves or shapes for which any suitably chosen part is similar in shape to a given larger or smaller part when magnified or reduced to the same size

Likewise, when you say "I'm looking at HOV, SIE ISIL and KMX today. I own them in multiples of 500 and 1000's. I look at price and volume on a fractal. (30 min for me, EOD for ED). I also watch MACD (5, 13, 6) bob, bob, bobbing along). Heart beat thing for me", does this mean that you're examining the relationship between the movement of price for a unit of volume in one timeframe and comparing it to the movement of price for a unit of volume in another timeframe? Can you elaborate on the fractal relationship you observe?

#54     May 27, 2003
  5. funky

funky

jack, are you talking having a conversation with yourself? lol!!!

:confused:

#55     May 27, 2003
  6. Final note:

I think people who are trained scientifically just go down the road using what the market offers. They see the relationship of price nd volume quite simply. The market "flows". As it repeats itself over and over, they simply extract money from it.

I m extracting money from HOV, ISIL, KMX. SIE is just sitting there for my next trip at a value that the market will give me when the next lap gets established.

The other half of ED's stuff is keeping clean. He does that psychologically. He knows that the people he works with will make a lot of money if they are psychologically at their relative potentials.

#56     May 27, 2003
    #57     May 27, 2003
  8. HOV, ISIL, KMX: all nice calls. Keep 'em coming Jack. Could you elaborate a bit more on your application of fluid dynamics to the market? Keep in mind it's been 24 years since sweating out the Venturi Meter equations on the physics final.

PTR

#58     May 27, 2003
  9. great observations I commented below.

#59     May 27, 2003
  10. Don't worry about the pace. I am putting stuff in the space because the thread starter has thought about things. You made some comments here too.

Fortunately you were able to connect with some people who helped you out, maybe.

I'm not the type of person you can relate to. Don't sweat it with trite comments.

#60     May 27, 2003