Setups that I found on ET that have made me a consistently profitable trader

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 0two50in4point5, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Or better yet, pay someone 6K for their "amazing" trading system. Yeah, that makes perfect sense:cool:

#11     Sep 28, 2007
  2. Never said it was easy, said it takes a lot of work so if someone is not even willing to look through the threads for ideas and apply themselves why should anyone just hand over all their hard work.

Did it take you 5 minutes to become a good trader or months and months (years) of working at it. It is a process and everyone has to do it to learn the right way or even learn if they have the skills for it.

#12     Sep 28, 2007
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

1,2,3 channel. :)

#13     Sep 28, 2007
  4. What the hell? If you're agreeing with him, you're admitting this thread was a stupid idea!

#14     Sep 28, 2007
  5. cvds16

cvds16

I have been for years on ET, spent literally allready over a thousand hours reading threads (if not much more), can't say I really found any new strategies here that made me money ... I gained some insight though ...

#15     Sep 28, 2007
  6. Great thread 0t!

You can see the responses from other people here that see how absurd and obtuse you are.

Seriously, stop spamming for the Zoo and learn to trade for yourself. If you spent as much time spamming as you did today, who knows, you may have actually learned something today.

Again, you want to criticize me and my help at TL, please provide links to your superior work? I'd love to see where you are helping other traders learn to trade for themselves vs. spamming for the 'holy grail' at $6k.

Do you have anything?

If anyone is curious, the TL I am referring to is traderslaboratory.com where I moderate an area on candlestick trading. The 'hit' this retard is referring to was a long called on the YM that yielded 500 or so points in real-time. That's the 'junk' I am submitting over there while this poser spams for trading zoo.

It's ironic that you want to criticize me 0t when all you do is spend your time spamming.

#16     Sep 28, 2007
  7. my edge will remain with me until i die.

#17     Sep 28, 2007
  8. <i>"Because all you need to do is read the threads for different ideas, work on them to adapt them to your own trading style and simply develop your own approach and methods..."</i>

Replace that with: "Because all you need to do is watch the Texas hold 'em shows for different ideas, work on them to adapt them to your own poker-playing style and simply develop your own approach and methods."

Both statements are equally 200% false. Gambling for a living (which is what we do), either day trading or card playing is not nearly that simple or easy to learn. No online forum period, including but not limited to ET will ever teach anyone the basics on how to trade. Here's why:

#1: Newbie has no idea where to begin. Scalping? Position trading? Buy & hold? SCT? SPM? FX? XYZ?

All of them are/were mentioned before, none covered in depth except for SCT by Spyder.

#2: Newbie has no idea how to self-teach. ES 5min chart ledges, multiple hi/lo failures, candlestick patterns on swing trades, scaled in & out tactics can be given all the rules on. Makes no difference... unless someone rolls up their sleeves, spends weeks = months = years with students showing them how to learn, it ain't gonna happen like that.

School of hard knocks, aka trial & error will eventually work. Just know that you better pull a big wallet out for that one, as the months & years roll by while stuck in the mud.

For every person here who touts they learned it all with nil lost or spent money, 10,000 who pass thru will fail big-time and trickle away huge sums of money trying to learn on the cheap. No different than the card player who tries it on his own at $1 or $5 tables.

The only difference between poker and trading is that poker has some excellent tech-analysis how to books covering the critical stuff. None of those, not one title exists for trading by comparison.

#3: A few examples on charts look good, in hindsight. Problem is, those ledge failure = breaks or candle patterns do not look nearly the same while unfolding in front of newbies in real time. Read & react via self-taught approach takes years for most to accomplish. What is crystal clear to some is opaque glass to others until they develop the same "vision" to see.

#4: Newbies will seldom develop an overall approach with an edge AND MOST IMPORTANTLY learn to manage themselves, the biggest block of our learning curve by far.

Trying to self-learn where to start, how to hone an approach, how to manage it thru all three separate market trends (up, down and sideways) while learning to manage all inner emotions is a herculean task. Good luck with that.

$6,000 is too much money for any education other than one-on-one, direct personal coaching. But, I've known literally hundreds of traders who lose that in a week, day or single trade to end their career before ever catching on to the entire process.

ET is a fine place to visit, much like the local coffee shop. Gives a chance to talk with like kind, share some war stories, laugh at the crazies and once in awhile add some tidbit of knowledge to the base core. As for finding a base core approach here, maybe it exists. Best of luck with that.

This profession is hard, damn hard to master. I know two ES traders that push 100-lot or bigger size and make six - seven figures annually. Both of them admit it took about ten years from their beginning to consistent success trading with size.

Many traders here have put in five, six, seven, eight or nine years and will quit before they reach the point where the professional traders I refer to now enjoy. How many work too long and quit too soon? Who can say.

One thing I know for an absolute fact: gleaning a couple tidbits here from ET and then reading a few books ain't preparing anyone for anything except consistent donation to pro traders' accounts. No one has to spend a dime purchasing education from anyone else... but everyone will most assuredly pay for their knowledge from the market herself.

Beware of those price tags on that. It is by far the steepest cost of all.

#18     Sep 28, 2007
  9. agree 100%

The information is here, one must only do the research and create their own method... I learned a tremendous amount after months of reviewing past threads. As an benefit, I was able to create a very effective ignore list which has made real time monitoring of this site extremely efficient.

Initially I too was searching for a checklist on how to be successful, in hindsight I am glad that I did not find an easy answer, while conducting the research not only did I learn the how, but most importantly the why and am far better off for it. There exist a myriad of different strategies and approaches. The most effective is that which works for you...

I for one am grateful to the many contributors who have posted over the years, and I wouldn't dismiss anyone's system as being profitable or not only because they choose not to "post" their edge. Most have spent many years developing a profitable strategy and need not prove anything to anyone.
    (IMHO)

#19     Sep 28, 2007
  10. Basically you agree with me then, since in my post I said you need to work at it and develop your own approach and methods. This takes lots of time. I never said it would take you a week of reading ET to become successful. My answer was in a certain context to another poster. I just said you can get some ideas from reading some of the threads. Ideas.... not 100% guaranteed trading methods.

#20     Sep 28, 2007