setup multiple monitors for laptops

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by qdz2, Feb 2, 2003.

1. qdz2

qdz2

Okay, I see your opinion.

:p

#11     Feb 7, 2003
  2. Before you roll over and go feet up, understand this. A P4 in a laptop can be comparable to a P4 in a desktop. Same for the other chipsets. Sometimes space demands you look at other options. In other instances, it's a personal desire. In any event, it can be worked out.

I have several clients who have limited real estate (desk space) and choose not to have a tower on the floor. I have put together several nice laptop based setups. My own portable is a hub for one of my desk areas. And it multi-tasks (with WinXP Pro) very well thank you. Keep an open mind! :)

#12     Feb 7, 2003
  3. schnorgie

schnorgie

Why not just get a Mac? I use an 800 Mhz Powerbook G4, with a Cinema Display (22"), which is wide enough to display two web pages. Additionally, I use the 15" screen on my Powerbook in "dual monitor mode", so I can display different stuff on each monitor, or just drag it wherever I want to. You do need an adaptor for LCD monitors, but not for a regular VGA --- just plug the monitor in the back of the Powerbook and go.

I use Investor RT from Linnsoft as my analysis program, which has a native version in Mac OS X. If I really need to run Windows (which I only need for DGO), I run XP in Virtual PC....on my Mac.

:cool:

Best-
    Schnorgie

#13     Feb 7, 2003
  4. Plus, laptops allow you to trade during extended power outages. I have two monitors on a desktop and two on my laptop. Works great.

Why would anyone say anything negative on a subject like this?

#14     Feb 7, 2003