Setting Up with Fx-Auto

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by fx-auto, Dec 13, 2006.

1. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Dear Users,
    Nobody forces anyone to use system opening 6 positions, it is inherent to the design of that particular trading system. They are not duplicate trade, multiphase and enterprise open 2 X med, 2 X long and 2 X short at same time. They somtimes scale out of each leg at different prices.
    It is apparent on the platform that they open 6 positions.
    If this is not suitable for your account size, then DO NOT USE the system until you have enough balance to reach your leverage requirements.

There are numerous other systems to choose from opening one positions, or two positions, if you have a $2,500 then you are using 4:1 leverage or 8:1 maximum. It is upto individual to assess the portfolio they need to suit their risk tolerance.

#41     Feb 9, 2007
  2. sinair

sinair

Hi, question is -> Why portfolio history is not the same like my trade history. Some trades missing in my trade history and in portfolio history missing some trades from my history trade. I have live account. Where is problem.

#42     Feb 13, 2007
  3. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Dear Sinair,
    This can happen for numerous reasons:
    1. The portfolio history will show all the closed trades for a certain timeframe irrespective at what date the trade opened. For example, if you only started to trade in last few weeks, then obviously you will not have a trade opened 4 weeks ago, so you need to take open date of the trade into consideration.
    2. If you are modifying your portfolio in such a way that you did not have MM set for a certain signal provider when the trade opened, then add the signal provider AFTER , then you will not have it in your history but portfolio history will have it.
    3. If you are modifying trades, closing manually, etc, then obviously it will not be congruent.
    4. An array of many other factors including margin call, not enough margin to open new positions, etc, etc.

Please use our support contact form to file an enquiry if you feel you have a genuine account issue.

#43     Feb 13, 2007
  4. sinair

sinair

I can't modify and close trade. Please help me.

#44     Feb 15, 2007
  5. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Dear Sir,
    In order to establish what issue you are having, please fill out a support request form on our website.

Regards

#45     Feb 15, 2007
  6. SGForex

SGForex

You can do it on the MT3 platform.... I've had the same problem.

#46     Feb 16, 2007
  7. jmf11

jmf11

i confirm that close trade doesn't work , modify work in MT3 but not close . the close menu doesn't appear in MT3 .(only modify and delete menu appear) .

#47     Feb 18, 2007
  8. SGForex

SGForex

Hello,

I disagree, I've closed an order last friday.
    Double click on the order and choose "close" in the box displayed. But you cant do it if the market is closed.

Stephane

#48     Feb 18, 2007
  9. Sarang

Sarang

Very well. That would make sense if it was apparent on the platform which system opens 6 position and which opens 1 or 2. But it is not.

By the way, I notice that you pick and choose the posts you decide to answer because you never addressed any of the points of my previous post, in which I tried to tell you as kindly as possible that your response did not make much sense.

Here are your words:

“Hi Sarang,
    This is not the case anymore.Signal Providers are required to provide 2 weeks notice if they are the number of max decisions so all clients can be informed and adjust accordingly.”

Are we supposed to read “if they are the number of max decisions” to mean “if they are going to change the number of max positions”? Just trying to help!

Now that we have taken care of the language and assuming that my interpretation is correct, I have to say that your response sounds something you made up at the moment. Why do I say that? For at least 2 reasons:

1. Because you normally don’t announce a change of policy on a public forum before informing your clients through the proper channels such as FX-Auto website or through email. A client who does not follow this forum does not know of this new policy and that is absurd.

2. Because some systems are still going way above the number of positions stated on the platform without providing the “2 weeks notice” that you so quickly promised. Just check the system Ubertrading.com AUDJPY on 2/19/2007 at 2:28. 6 (six) positions were opened at the same time. They were also closed at the same time -2/19/2007 at 3:14.
    Now if you check the platform, you see that the stated max position for this system is 2 (two). I am sure that no client has received the 2 weeks notice about this sudden increase of number of open positions by Ubertrading.com.

The significance of this is that any system that up until now has had no more than one or two open positions can at any time decide to have six open positions. So it is NOT APPARENT on the platform which system is going to open what number of positions.

Bottom line is that facts are one thing and your words are another, but when it comes to risking my money I have to go with the facts. And the facts are that no matter which system the client has chosen based on the max number of open positions, it is impossible to make a sound risk management decision as long as the providers are not committed to the stated max open positions and fx-auto does not have in place a way to enforce that.

Regards

Sarang

#49     Feb 20, 2007
  10. fx-auto

fx-auto ET Sponsor

Dear Sarang,

"Very well. That would make sense if it was apparent on the platform which system opens 6 position and which opens 1 or 2. But it is not."

That is what column "max positions is for". Also when you create your portfolio the platform informs you of the cumulative leverage you have assigned, based on number of max positions.

"1. Because you normally don’t announce a change of policy on a public forum before informing your clients through the proper channels such as FX-Auto website or through email. A client who does not follow this forum does not know of this new policy and that is absurd."

Live clients and partners were informed prior to public forum.

New Post 02-20-07 08:30 AM

Quote from fx-auto:

Dear Users,
    Nobody forces anyone to use system opening 6 positions, it is inherent to the design of that particular trading system. They are not duplicate trade, multiphase and enterprise open 2 X med, 2 X long and 2 X short at same time. They somtimes scale out of each leg at different prices.
    It is apparent on the platform that they open 6 positions.
    If this is not suitable for your account size, then DO NOT USE the system until you have enough balance to reach your leverage requirements.

There are numerous other systems to choose from opening one positions, or two positions, if you have a $2,500 then you are using 4:1 leverage or 8:1 maximum. It is upto individual to assess the portfolio they need to suit their risk tolerance.

Very well. That would make sense if it was apparent on the platform which system opens 6 position and which opens 1 or 2. But it is not.

By the way, I notice that you pick and choose the posts you decide to answer because you never addressed any of the points of my previous post, in which I tried to tell you as kindly as possible that your response did not make much sense.

Here are your words:

“Hi Sarang,
    This is not the case anymore.Signal Providers are required to provide 2 weeks notice if they are the number of max decisions so all clients can be informed and adjust accordingly.”

Are we supposed to read “if they are the number of max decisions” to mean “if they are going to change the number of max positions”? Just trying to help!

Now that we have taken care of the language and assuming that my interpretation is correct, I have to say that your response sounds something you made up at the moment. Why do I say that? For at least 2 reasons:

1. Because you normally don’t announce a change of policy on a public forum before informing your clients through the proper channels such as FX-Auto website or through email. A client who does not follow this forum does not know of this new policy and that is absurd.

2. Because some systems are still going way above the number of positions stated on the platform without providing the “2 weeks notice” that you so quickly promised. Just check the system Ubertrading.com AUDJPY on 2/19/2007 at 2:28. 6 (six) positions were opened at the same time. They were also closed at the same time -2/19/2007 at 3:14.
    Now if you check the platform, you see that the stated max position for this system is 2 (two). I am sure that no client has received the 2 weeks notice about this sudden increase of number of open positions by Ubertrading.com.

The significance of this is that any system that up until now has had no more than one or two open positions can at any time decide to have six open positions. So it is NOT APPARENT on the platform which system is going to open what number of positions.

Bottom line is that facts are one thing and your words are another, but when it comes to risking my money I have to go with the facts. And the facts are that no matter which system the client has chosen based on the max number of open positions, it is impossible to make a sound risk management decision as long as the providers are not committed to the stated max open positions and fx-auto does not have in place a way to enforce that.

Regards

#50     Feb 20, 2007