Setting up to trade Cash FX in Fast markets with size?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by cornholetrading, Feb 11, 2004.

1. I am trying to find information about the Cash FX market, fills, how accessible the market is, and what would it take for a firm to get set up to trade this product. Truthfully I do not know much about it at the moment or if it would be even possible. I am not talking about trading it through a retail broker/market maker like Gain or some of the others that quote you their spread price. I am looking for the ability to trade the real market. I also am not interested in the CME FX futures right now because of liquidity reasons. I am looking for a market where trading large size is possible -- 100 or 200+ contracts at a time without unusually large slippage during breaking econ numbers or market moving events. What I mean by unusually large is that if you are thinking this number or event will move the market 100 pips then you might have to pay up 10 or 15 pips to get in (of course the lower the better). I figure the cash market could handle the size but where do you go about getting decent fills?

I know hedge funds and other entities trade these markets so who do they trade thru? Is this intrabank/dealer network electronic at all? Like I said this would not be a retail account setting this up.

2. Thanks for the link. Have you used this before? Are the fills instant as if you were trading a futures market or other electronic market so it would be possible to trade breaking econ numbers or market moving events? The firm that would be looking into this is willing to spend money to make money.

3. several friends of mine are avid uses of this device / software. yes, the fills are instant and liquidity is never an issue since the major world banks are your counter party.

best,

surfer

4. Hey I tried sending you a PM. IT said your mailbox was full though.

5. Once again, you prove you have no idea what you are talking about.

6. okwon

okwon

Care to explain your statement?