Setting up offshore or moving to trade

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Ialwayslearn, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Just set up some sort of entity like an LLC or LP and then pay capital gains tax rate of 15%, then you can continue to live in America....Better than paying 35.5%!

#21     Jul 24, 2007
  2. Bob111

Bob111

not so fast...

http://www.smbiz.com/sbrl001.html

don't forget you salary and SS taxes with it. we talk about here not so long ago Personally-i did not see any benefits in incorporating vs regular individual account for trading purposes. if someone can demonstrate those benefits in numbers(based on 100K profit example)-i would really appreciate that.

#22     Jul 24, 2007
  3. Municipal bond interest is exempt from federal taxes.

#23     Jul 24, 2007
    #24     Jul 24, 2007
  5. exactly. you have just explained it. everyone hates us because we are so 'free'. they hate us because we are free to believe whatever comes out of the press. because we are free to spend so much money. after the close tune in to kudlow.... need I say more?

#25     Jul 24, 2007

6. Is this a thread about HOW TO DECEIVE THE FEDS?

That in itself is a criminal offense that carries severe penalties and jail sentences. A US citizen has to pay income tax no matter where he resides. Besides your brokerage house won't help you much they will report to the Feds on your 1099 or any tax document you will eventually get.

#26     Aug 4, 2007
  7. Adobian

Adobian

My cousin in Vietnam wants to open an account with Etrade.

I will either sign as a power of attorney or a as joint account holder for "inheritance" purpose only.

Which one should I sign for so I won't be liable for taxes incurred ?

#27     Aug 4, 2007