Setting up a CPO

Discussion in 'Trading' started by qtip, Dec 27, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron

A commodity pool is just a partnership that happens to trade futures. Any book on partnership accounting will be useful. Check your local library or Amazon.com.

The futures part of it is real easy: marked to market nightly, so all P&L is realized capital gains. Futures accounting is so much easier than for hedge funds that trade securities and have unrealized capital gains. Hedge fund accounting gets messy when you have partners entering and exiting the partnership and you have to allocate unrealized capital gains to them that later get realized and... it gets complicated.

What country are you in, Dabao? You don't appear to be a native English speaker.

Aaron Schindler
    Schindler Trading

#31     Mar 11, 2007
  2. dabao91

dabao91

Aaron:

I am in States now. I came from Asia. I just passed S-3 this week. It took me four full days stayed in library to study. I got 80% average. I am working to become a registered CTA hopefully some time at the end of this year.

By the way, do you have any idea what is "Global Trading Desk" within Man Financial? I think it is a "profit center" within Man. I heard some one said it is a good department to work with for a CTA. Do you have any contact information of Man, if you do, would you mind to PM me? Thanks.

#32     Mar 24, 2007